Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RDG and CARS are proud to announce the 2004 Travel Fund. A total of $50,000 will be paid out to competitors who travel to the five remaining events in the 2004 Canadian Rally Championship, presented by Subaru. In 2005, the Rallye Perce-Neige Maniwaki will also be included in the travel fund.

To eligible for the travel fund, competitors must:
 - be eligible to score points in the CRC - per the current CARS rule book;
 - enter events prior to the seeded draw;
 - pre-register in this Travel Fund program;
 - prominently display Travel Fund program decals.

When pre-registering for the Travel Fund, competitors will be asked to nominate their ?home base? ? this is the location where the rally car lives. Payout will be determined based on the actual distance of a ?suggested? route between your home base and the Rally Headquarters using a popular web-based mapping tool (www.mapquest.com). The one-way distance, rounded to the nearest 100km will be used ? the rounding should minimize any discrepancy between the suggested route and the actual route a competitor may drive getting to the event.

Payout begins when the rounded distance exceeds 500km - each additional 100km yields $25 and will be paid to competitors regardless of their mode of transportation ? train, plane, boat, truck - it doesn?t matter!

The entire sum of $50,000 will be paid out in 2004. If funds are remaining at year-end, they will be distributed to those who received a travel fund payout during the season.

Factory supported teams are not eligible, however the funds that would be allocated to a factory team will be distributed at year-end to competitors that compete in that brand of vehicle, i.e. privateer Subaru teams will share in the factory Subaru teams travel fund.

Here are some samples of the payout:
[table border="0" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4"][tr][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Competitor
Home Base[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Event[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Distance
(one way)[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Eligible
Payout[/FONT][/td][/tr][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Beauport, QC[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Rocky Mountain[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]4,351 km[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]$975[/FONT][/td][/tr][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Etobicoke, ON[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Baie Des Chaleurs[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]1,310 km[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]$200[/FONT][/td][/tr][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Vancouver, BC[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Defi Ste-Agathe/Duhamel[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]4,939 km[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]$1,100[/FONT][/td][/tr][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Brooks, AB[/FONT][/td]
[td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Pacific Forest[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]838 km[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]$75[/FONT][/td][/tr][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Bridgewater, NS[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]Tall Pines[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]1,616 km[/FONT][/td][td][FONT SIZE="2" FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#000099"]$275[/FONT][/td][/tr][/Table]

The payout will be made at each event to competitors who are eligible to start the rally. Once the team has successfully completed scrutineering and registration, the funds will be disbursed.

A web-based registration process is currently being developed. Faxed or mailed in registration will also be accepted. Details of the registration process will be available very soon.

Note: all amounts are in CDN currency.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WELL !!! Let me be the first to say THANK YOU !!!! Towing from Nova Scotia, any funds awarded to off set fuel costs are warmly received!!!:) That is a job well done guys Keep up the great work!!!

Steve Q.
waaaay out east!;)

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Warren,
If you are entered in the national portion of PFR you would qualify for the funding ... being so close - the fund would just about cover the difference in the two entry fees.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Does Ashton Evans have a notion of how affordable his season's gonna be? Hey Ashton - wanna rent me your car? No? Make sure you register for the tow fund.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

PS thanks RDG.
A.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I can rent it to you on weekdays and non race weekends!

With this bit of help I am going to try my best to go national. So, I think what you are saying is, if I let you drive my car in the parking lot you can throw my two Rubbermaid bins of tools and bits in one of your service trucks once I get out East?

I hope the two Suzuki Team cars will signup as that gives me a bit more help too! ; )

If anybody knows the Suzuki guys I would like to chat with them as well as get them to sign up as a factory team to help out the little guy! ; )

Ashton

1 - 10 of 10 Posts