Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

This directly pertains to those of you that do not have a current Rally-America non-provisional license.

Brian and I just got off of a phone call with Rally-America and Rally Colorado officials discussing the licensing issues that some of you face. We have gone over a list of things that they would like to see criteria wise for applications for exemptions. In an effort to help you get your license so you can enter Rally Colorado I am proposing some basic homework for you.

If you do not have a license please find documentation of all competitive high speed driving events (motorcycle and car) as well as all and any driving schools that you have attended. Bring this to Victor for Gold Camp.

Brian and I will go over what you have relative to what RA expressed a desire to see and help you put together an application for a waiver to run your vehicle. This needs to be done ASAP so that there won't be any unhappiness with timing. Asking RA for a waiver last minute won't make anybody happy. We'd like to see those that plan on going to Rally Colorado having initiated the process for having their license status resolved as close to July as possible.

The point here is, Rally America and Rally Colorado want to find ways for more competitors to enter the event. They have certain restrictions on what they can and cannot do in terms of variances but they want to find solutions. The onus is on the competitor to convince them that they deserve special consideration, however, the CRC will help you put together that proposal. The CRC cannot do it for you but we will certainly help as much as we can.

Also, do not go hounding the CHCA for past results, I've already contacted them and asked for the past 4 years worth of results. We'll make these available as needed.

Rally America also presented some topics that can help you with your cause, we'll review your specific situation and make recommendations to help strengthen your case as necessary. Just please, get your CV put together as much as possible so we can help make this happen sooner than later.

Kevin

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
Do I need to go thru this again if I submitted all of that information prior to Rally Colorado last year and received an exemption from JB to run in Open? I don't mind doing it again, but if I don't need to, I'd rather not spend the time on it.

Thanks,

Dave

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I need to go thru this again if I submitted all of that information prior to Rally Colorado last year and received an exemption from JB to run in Open? I don't mind doing it again, but if I don't need to, I'd rather not spend the time on it.

Thanks,

Dave
I would call or e-mail JB and see about the status of your exemption to make sure it will still stand. It is possible that it would have only applied to the GTX, not the new car. It would be better to know now rather than come September...

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
It is possible that it would have only applied to the GTX, not the new car.
Its not like the new car is any faster :p

I'll send an email over the weekend and let you know when I hear back. Thanks for looking out for us Kevin!

Dave

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should be fine Dave.
He should be, but that doesn't mean that he is.

I am not saying get your license now.

I am just saying make sure you know your status and start working to resolve it if you need a waiver. The sooner this is taken care of the better.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
I just sent off an email to Mike and JB with all of the info you guys said they were looking for, coping in the info from last year where I was granted an exemption to run Open class. I will let you know when I hear back...I assume this means I don't need to bring any of the above information to Victor?

Kevin - any chance of providing/posting all the 'back results' from the last few year of CHCA events? I'm curious what sort of times have been posted on the events that are coming up.

Thanks,

Dave

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just sent off an email to Mike and JB with all of the info you guys said they were looking for, coping in the info from last year where I was granted an exemption to run Open class. I will let you know when I hear back...I assume this means I don't need to bring any of the above information to Victor?

You should be good then

Kevin - any chance of providing/posting all the 'back results' from the last few year of CHCA events? I'm curious what sort of times have been posted on the events that are coming up.

Thanks,

Dave
The CHCA doesn't have any electronic copies of the back results. They will be getting me hard copies once the paperwork for Gold Camp 1 is all finished. Once I get hard copies I will digitize them and make them available to everybody that wants them.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
2004 Temple:
The overall times were as follows:
Oerter 4:01.42 2wd
Moody: 4:12.70 awd
Hughes: 4:16.35 2wd
McConnel: 4:18.13 awd
Salas: 4:37.XX 2wd I forget the hundreths

2005 Temple:
Okay. Here's the results in order of finishing place.
Rally AWD – Fast Time – Radar 1 in – Radar 1 out –
Radar 2

Ford/Greek – 3:29.46 – 94 mph – 75 mph – 68 mph
Moody/Hughes – 3:33.65 – 99 mph – 77 mph – 68 mph
Kern/Kern – 3:38.58 – 89 mph – 74 mph – 66 mph
Schmidt/Rose – 3:42.32 - 85 mph - 76 mph - 64 mph
Bis/Hutchings – 3:47.96 - 87 mph - 78 mph - 68 mph

Rally 2WD
Oerter/Tracy – 3:39.55 – 94 mph – 89 mph – 67 mph
Keeney/Salas – 3:45.62 – No Speeds Posted
Bolin/Bolin – 3:54.77 – 85 mph - 70 mph – 64 mph
Connelly/Colt – 3:54.86 - 77 mph - 76 mph - 62 mph
Kilpatrick/Kp – 4:03.26 - 74 mph - 63 mph - 66 mph
Connelly/Golf – 4:09.56 - 69 mph - 65 mph - 64 mph

Buena Vista 2005
2WD
Bolin/Caughman - 3.05.87
Leonard/? - 3.11.41 - 78 mph
D. Conley/? - 3.16.47 - 78 mph
Keeney/Rod - 3.19.71 - 77 mph
N. Conley - 3.24.83 - 67 mph
Salas/Kenny - 3.29.18

AWD
Moberly/Moberly - 2.49.20 - 103 mph
Moody/Hughes - 2.57.55 - 106 mph
Kern/Kern - 3.03.81
Ford/Greek - 3.05.36
Bis/Hutchings - 3.07.45
Schmidt/Rose - 3.08.11
Malsom/Malsom - 3.17.02
Williams/Hakala - 3.29.36

That's all I can find for now.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
The CHCA doesn't have any electronic copies of the back results. They will be getting me hard copies once the paperwork for Gold Camp 1 is all finished. Once I get hard copies I will digitize them and make them available to everybody that wants them.
will they be giving you copies of the qualifying times too? i'ld like a copy of them just to see my progression of speed, etc.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
will they be giving you copies of the qualifying times too? i'ld like a copy of them just to see my progression of speed, etc.
Or lack thereof...aren't you king of the faster qualifying run than race day run?

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts