Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get my Grassroots Motorsports and what's on the cover?

Jeremy Butts' and Mark "Skip" Kleckner's RX-GT302. An RX7 with a Ford V8 that won the $2004 challenge. Like the whole cover!

For those who don't know, Jeremy is a rally driver who accomplishes unnatural speed in things like Mustangs and Arrows. Skip is also a rally driver and a talented Michigan ice racer. The car they built for $2000 (plus untold man hours) is beautiful. Apparently it goes pretty fast, too.

Congratulations guys. Buy lots of copies for your moms.

http://members.tccoa.com/kleckner/GRM2004 077.jpg

·
Registered
434 Posts
RE: Cover of GRM....

>Only a 302? Phffftt..... What sissy-mobile :)
>
>I put a Pontiac 305 in my RX-7 turbo.
>
>
Did it run 11s?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

>>I put a Pontiac 305 in my RX-7 turbo.

>Did it run 11s?

I haven't put it on a strip. I'm waiting for rally to come back to its senses and allow different brand engines in cars like the old days.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My bad. It won the 2005 challenge, not 2004. The pic above was before it was tricked out a bit. (still under 2005 dollars, though).

Congratulations on your 3 inches, Jens. Cubic inches that is. Perhaps we will congratulate you more earnestly when you win GRM Challenge. Or when you build a car worthy of a magazine cover. Or when you win your class at a rally. Or when you even enter a competition of any kind ever again. Until then, putting down people who have done a lot with a little makes you look small, petty, and frankly, like a jerk.

Of course you were joking. That's the alibi for all sour grapes bu11sh!t on this forum.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Actually, Jens' car is a pretty nice piece of work (though not nearly as pretty). I recall he ran a touring rally with it a couple years ago. Can't remember how it did. Now, returning to 'Bash Jens Mode', www.badjens.com/ }(

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

The Ford 302 is a better conversion than a GM 305. The 3" displacement difference is a joke, not a good one, but a joke never-the-less. Lighten up.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

since Ford owns Mazda, it might be legal? Or am I huffing something?

I haven' read the exact rules for a while....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

>since Ford owns Mazda, it might be legal? Or am I huffing
>something?
>
>I haven' read the exact rules for a while....

It wasn't legal when I built my RX-7 V8, otherwise I would have used a Ford engine.

You ain't huffing anything. The rules makers were huffing and puffing their chests out with their engine must be from same manufacturer nonsense rule. Not to offend anyone... oh heck... I don't care. Of all the idiotic rules that have been piled on rally since the good ol' days, this rule was the stupidist, elitist, pile of poo poo I ever heard of.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts

>Of all the idiotic rules that have been
>piled on rally since the good ol' days, this rule was the
>stupidist, elitist, pile of poo poo I ever heard of.
>

Hey, good to hear that there were even dumber moves in your estimation than the requirement for silly suits!
:p

Kent

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
hmmm...smell an opportunity here!

...and since GM owns a major stake in Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru), does that mean we might be chasing dual-quad small-block STis on stage next season...?!

}(

Dave G

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
RE: hmmm...smell an opportunity here!

Actually, I have an all wheel drive Saab now that looks somewhat similar to a WRX Wagon....that I suppose a person could take an engine from the Saab 9-7X (GMC Envoy) and dump into it, right?

·
Feeling like an "old timer."
581 Posts
RE: hmmm...smell an opportunity here!

>Actually, I have an all wheel drive Saab now that looks
>somewhat similar to a WRX Wagon....that I suppose a person
>could take an engine from the Saab 9-7X (GMC Envoy) and dump
>into it, right?

"Independently Inspired" my arse :+

Matt Kennedy
www.RockyRoadRacing.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts