Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there any presence at OTPR by the new Presenting Sponsor? How is Mattel's sponsorship being reflected in the events?

And in a similar vein to that, is there something different/defective in the latest batch of ProRally number backers? Looking at Lorne's Frozen Motion photos, it appears that the new ones "wash out" in flash photog situations and all you can see is the number. The SCCA ProRally disappears. I hadn't noticed that previously.

Kent Gardam

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
>And in a similar vein to that, is there something
>different/defective in the latest batch of ProRally number
>backers? Looking at Lorne's Frozen Motion photos, it
>appears that the new ones "wash out" in flash photog
>situations and all you can see is the number. The SCCA
>ProRally disappears. I hadn't noticed that previously.
>
>Kent Gardam

Look for the "Acme Manufacturing" sign on the lower right corner. ;)

·
Registered
967 Posts
>Was there any presence at OTPR by the new Presenting
>Sponsor? How is Mattel's sponsorship being reflected in the
>events?

They had Hot Wheels on sale in the Target store in Hillsboro, but I think I missed the aisle with the rally guides.

Jim Culp

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
>And in a similar vein to that, is there something
>different/defective in the latest batch of ProRally number
>backers? Looking at Lorne's Frozen Motion photos, it
>appears that the new ones "wash out" in flash photog
>situations and all you can see is the number. The SCCA
>ProRally disappears. I hadn't noticed that previously.

Being one of the photogs who actually likes shooting at night, the new reflective backers are a bear to deal with as alot more teams are going with them. I've had several other digital photographers voice their displeasure over them as some of their shots just show bright reflective material and you can barely make out the car. As I am still not in the digital age, along with Mr. Culp, I haven't had too many problems with this. Maybe it's due to the fact that I'm not shooting directly at the side of the cars at night (or as much)? Maybe older Vivitar flash equipment can "handle" reflective material better. I dunno?

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts