1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this was done at OFPR but maybe it could be done more often

[http://www.wrc.com/en_GB/News/2003/016/2003_R_fiaretirementplan.htm]

if the link didnt work here is the gist of it:

max mosley, pres of fia, proposes that cars going out of the rally that can be fixed (like gronholm at GB) be allowed to continue on next days. he says to win but that is silly and vague.

scenario pasi is out of rally on friday night they fix the car and get him back out on stage for exhibition saturday.

i know dennis did this at OFPR '03 and he seemed to appreciate.

do other rallies here do this allready? if so totally disregard my post unless you fell the need to discuss this more.

greg

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>do other rallies here do this allready?

Pretty much all combined Pro/Club events allow you to enter the Saturday Club event the morning of, should you fail to complete the Friday portion of the Pro event. Your final score would be DNF in the Pro event, and whatever you earn in the 2nd Club Event.

For Friday/Saturday Club events, these are generally scored as two separate events, so you can enter one or both.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe in Australia if you fail to finish the first day, you can enter the second as the drivers are awarded points for 1-3 in each stage Each event is treated as 2 with the winners being the person who finished better over the 2 days. stuart

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
To some extent this is done in club rallies with the approval/discretion of the organisers. It applies mainly to newbies who fail to finish the first day for whatever reason. They are allowed to start the second day, get no points but do so for the 'seat' time which many of them are thankful for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts