Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have requested a sanctioned exemption to let 72, 73 and 74 cars run in H Class for 100 AW (and other ClubRallies this year) as long as they are reasonably "period"....

A 'vette in H Class....coool.. I've read that in Europe the Z car was considered the spiritual successor to the Big Healey in rally...ponderous, heavy, low slung, but fast (relative to what it was competing against) as a scalded ape in a straight line. In the USA those honors would HAVE to go to the contemporary Corvette.

Now if we could find an H Class Camero...etc....

Maybe MH will build an H Class 'stang?:7

·
Registered
286 Posts
>I have requested a sanctioned exemption to let 72, 73 and 74
>cars run in H Class for 100 AW (and other ClubRallies this
>year) as long as they are reasonably "period"....
Cool -- that means that Ol' 53 should be H legal, 390 4bbl and all...
http://www.arcticboy.com/media/american/SidMount.jpg

>Now if we could find an H Class Camero...etc....
Didn't one run at Sunriser back in the early-mid 70's or so? A recombobulated dirt track stocker or sumpin like that?

·
Registered
186 Posts
As long as old 53 can meet Article 5 and 6 of the current rulebook, (I think that's everything regarding fuel cell, seats, harnesses, cage, etc etc etc), I think it should be brought out and run in H Class. What a trip!

·
Registered
286 Posts
>As long as old 53 can meet Article 5 and 6 of the current
>rulebook, (I think that's everything regarding fuel cell,
>seats, harnesses, cage, etc etc etc), I think it should be
>brought out and run in H Class. What a trip!

The only American finisher of the '68 (?) London-to-Sydney Marathon...and it's still in existence, as it ran the 25th anniversary Marathon. Sid's got it parked in the garage in Maryland...get the specs on the car, junkyard shell, rule book, 390 V8, Borg-Warner 4 speed, 4-barrel the size of a beer keg, low compression, low revs, lotza torque, snow tires all the way around...yeah, that's the ticket...who wants to buy my little brother?

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
This entry is being prepped under the watchful eye of the 100AW Tech steward. It'll be right or it won't run....and from what I hear...it'll be right.

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Slow sweep is carrying a HUGE vacuum cleaner.

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
That's the one, Michigan guys.

This car was affectionately known as "godd*mnyellowcorvette", yes all one word. As I remember he crashed EVERY time, spread LOTS of fibreglass through the woods, and usually managed to block the road.

We tried to convince him to go road racing.

press on,

·
Flat over crest
303 Posts
Does the name Ken Wiedbusch tie in with this car at all? I was at the Detroit SCCA awards banquet and sat next to Tom Bell. I ask Tom if he knew anything about the guy who will be putting on the 'Twilight Tour' Road Rally later this year (Ken). He told me he used to rally the infamous yellow Corvette back in the 70s.

Anyone else care to speculate on this?

Scott
www.teamharco.com
Team Harco Motorsports
"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

·
Old Fart
560 Posts
>Does the name Ken Wiedbusch tie in with this car at all? I
>was at the Detroit SCCA awards banquet and sat next to Tom
>Bell. I ask Tom if he knew anything about the guy who will
>be putting on the 'Twilight Tour' Road Rally later this year
>(Ken). He told me he used to rally the infamous yellow
>Corvette back in the 70s.
>
>Anyone else care to speculate on this?
>
>Scott
>www.teamharco.com
>Team Harco Motorsports
>"Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday"

I believe the Corvette on the cover picture from Rally Magazine was run by Hoffman and Buest. (not sure of the spelling for Buest).
I have that issue at home but not here at work.

Paul Jaeger
PRIMO Stage Crews
For a Good Time, Call PRIMO!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts