Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my first performance rally event and also the first event for my Cortina GT (we got it running Thursday night).

Many, many compliments and comments from other crews and spectators which were appreciated.

My two favorites:
"Where did you find such a nice Cortina?" A: "I started with a crappy one and poured money on it."

"I feel like Roger Clark is around here somewhere." (this was said to one of my crew members, and while I'd like to think it was related to my driving style, I think it relates to the emotions that historic cars evoke, and that is want I want to continue to foster.)

We finished Doo **** 3 with no major problems. The car has impressive grip, very nice handling and plenty of power. I took things easy until I felt comfortable with the car.

We did the first two stages of Doo **** 4 on Sunday but an alternator problem that was intermittent on Saturday became permanent and threatened to cook the car (it blew both headlights Saturday!). With the weather being wet and foggy running to the end with the fan, wipers, pumps etc and no alternator was not an option.

(this is annoying, the forum code seems to think a URL ending in .jpg is an image, rather than realizing that it is part of the parameters and not the page URL, ugh -- I will post the index sheet links)

(pic is at top)
http://www.pdxsports.com/photos/showindex.asp?page=4&folder=2003_doowop34

(pic on middle left)
http://www.pdxsports.com/photos/showindex.asp?page=5&folder=2003_doowop34

I'll have more of my own (service and shop) photos posted later.

Next stop: Rim.

Glenn

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great show!
>
>"I feel like Roger Clark is around here somewhere." (this
>was said to one of my crew members, and while I'd like to
>think it was related to my driving style, I think it relates
>to the emotions that historic cars evoke, and that is want I
>want to continue to foster.)
>

IMHO, this is exactly what H Class is about. Thanks, Glenn, for bringing a great car onto the stages. Hopefully we'll get to run some of the same rallies in the future.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should come to Rim!

We need to get 3 H cars attending 4 rallies in the WSRC to get H recognized for class trophies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts