1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the SCCA website:

2005 SCCA National Convention Dates Revised

SCCA Staff Writers

The Westin Crown Center hotel in Kansas City, Mo., site of the 2005 SCCA National Convention. (kansascity.onetravelsource.com photo)
TOPEKA, Kan. (May 7, 2004) ? Sports Car Club of America, Inc. announced today revised dates for the 2005 SCCA Annual National Convention, moving the event to Jan. 27-30, 2005.

This is the same weekend as Sno*Drift.

So, the convention date was moved back in May, knowing that no rallyists would be coming.

The plot thickens.

press on,

·
Registered
274 Posts
But little do they know- the route instructions for Sno*Drift lead right to Kansas City! Bwahahahahaha!

Double crossing the double crossers!

-james

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
What? Did they think we wouldn't run Sno*Drift with their help? Conspiracy? I vote those at the top knew more than they're willing to admit.

Opinionated one

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm going with the theory that the ones in charge of scheduling the convention didn't care that they were scheduling it on top of a national rally event... especially now that SCCA isn't having anything to do with rally...

If you aren't going to Sno*Drift, maybe you (meaning no one in particular, it's an all-inclusive you) should attend the convention to ask the BoD directly about this whole debacle. Wouldn't that be a hoot? A large contingent of rally people wanting to know what the heck their club is doing to them, showing up in person to demand answers? :) I'd go, if I wasn't the lone rally person there....

}>

·
don't cut
4,073 Posts
Kristen,
The rest of us figure that one Tabor girl versus the few hundred other people attending the SCCA convention is a fair fight. At least if we let you take your brass knucles.:p

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Jimmy:

I think you're right on target here!!.

Some people knew a long time ago this was going down. They just didn't bother to let the rallyists know about it.

I have a feeling we have been had.

SCCA went from discontinuing rallying in their first press release, to an "alliance" in the second one.

Don't you have a funny feeling about this?

Tony Chavez

·
Registered
285 Posts
You know, with thought processes like that, I think it's time Jimmy changed his signature and removed the "dumb". He is just another "poor michigan navie" Aint so dumb no more......

Bill

·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
I'm a registered Libertarian voter, so therefor I see conspiracies everywhere. It certainly does seem somewhat omnious sounding that they would move the convention like that knowing that staff would have to attend the event. I'd like to think better of the club I've supported for so long.

If you think this conspiracy is interesting you should know that the Food and Drug Administration is trying to kill us all. Maybe I'll save that for the "Off Topic" forum. :)

John Elkin
"Don't go where the road don't go."- Ringo Starr

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Tony, I agree with you 100%. They knew it and it wasn't like they knew a little, they knew all of it. Yet they decided to leave us, the rallying folk, in darkness, on purpose. I don't know what their motive was, it may be a whole bunch of things on which I dare not elaborate, I'm disliked by many anyways (as if I give a northbound rat's south end).

Now I see that the SCCA letter is removed from SpecialStage aswell. Frankly speaking if the new system will be ala SCCA, we're in trouble. I want the sport I love to go forward, not destroyed by repeating previous mistakes.

I believe in open communication channels, come on people share with us what you know, believe me there will be no chaos, we are a bit more intelligent than you think. WE CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Now I see that the SCCA letter is removed from SpecialStage
>aswell. Frankly speaking if the new system will be ala SCCA,
>we're in trouble. I want the sport I love to go forward, not
>destroyed by repeating previous mistakes.

It was moved from the "stories" section to the "press releases" section.

It was not removed. Why would it be?

Ben

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I seeeeee.

Sorry, it just wasn't there anymore, considering how important it was not seeing it where it was concerned me.

I would never doubt how objective the SpecialStage staff is.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>.... I'm disliked by many
>anyways (as if I give a northbound rat's south end).

You might be disliked. I'm hated, so I win.

>I believe in open communication channels, come on people
>share with us what you know, believe me there will be no
>chaos, we are a bit more intelligent than you think. WE CAN
>HANDLE THE TRUTH.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but....

The world was turned upside down 3 days ago. Give everyone a chance to adjust. I have seen nothing yet to indicate that there is a evil master plan in the works. If there is, it will become evident soon enough for people to stop it (if they pay attention this time).

October 5th will always be a holiday in my planner as "The end of Kurt Spitzner's New World Order Day".

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
RE: word for the day

>
>"irony"

Please explain what you mean by this.

This is neither the time nor the place for plugs of this nature, if you have a beef with me call me at 602 332 6411 or email me at sagsert(at)aol.com. We have a lot more important stuff to deal with now so there is no need for childish arguments and comments.

Cheers
M.Samli

·
Registered
102 Posts
RE: word for the day

What important things do we have to do besides sit and wait for imformation? We are all on the edge of our seats, the RA guys are good people and I'm sure they are dealing with lots of stuff. They will let us know when they want our input and when they have something to tell us. Until then all we can do is sit back and relax. I think the sport is much better off with this new leadership and I look forward to the change.

Ralph Kosmides

1 - 19 of 19 Posts