Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the procedure for connecting a camcorders microphone input to a Terraphone Pro? Are the line levels the same for the two? Is there some piece that I can just buy to make it work?

alan

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could someone with a Terraphone Pro look at the back of the amplifier and tell me what kind of connectors are on the back? Is there a large headphone jack type connector on the back? I just remember the 5-pin DIN connector.

alan

·
Registered
128 Posts
1/8th inch mono plug...I think. I can't remember whether it is a 1/8 inch mono...or a 1/8th inch stereo... I think mono though.

the din plug is a 7 pin "odd ball"

john

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
The unit should have come with a 7pin DIN that has a couple plugs on the other end. One is for push to talk (I believe), and one is a standard jack that should plug into the camcorder. This is the only way I've found to reliably get a feed into the camera. Note: depending on the location of the battery cables/power hookups, you can get some nasty feedback that you won't hear throught the terracom, but will hear in the camera. A noise suppresser on the power wire should solve this. If all else fails, call Ken Beard at Susquahanna motorsports (you did buy from him, didn't you?) and ask. He is very knowledgeable and accessible, and always willing to help.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We bought the Terraphone used and it was just the amp, the power plug and two closed face microphones. I also had a mic that I got from Ken.

The Terraphone is on the car which is somewhere else and I am trying to collect all of the pieces so when I see the car again (at parc expose at the Bighorn Rally this weekend), I can get it wired up with minimal fuss.

alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts