Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cancellation of Charlevoix settles what I expect would have happened anyway - Tom and Subaru are overall and open class Canadian champions again!

Congratulations to Tom - a great gentleman - and to Subaru - a deserving and honourable team. Someday we'll catch you, but you're the most worthy of opponents.

Best,
ACP

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Gr2

The cancellation of Charlevoix also wraps up the Gr2 codriver's championship.
The Gr2 driver's championship goes to the final event and will be a repeat of last year's senario at Tall Pines; Gord Olsen with a slight lead, Peter Reilly attempting to catch Gord, and Nichols (who did not qualify for the Gr2 championship either year due to eligibilty requirements) as the wildcard points blocker. Should be interesting.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
P3 and P4

P3 and P4 are also tight in their driver championships.

Scott Comens is 2 points ahead of Steve Walkington in P3 and Julien Pilon is 3 points ahead of Scott Trinder in P4. Anyone know if Scott has plans to make the trek west for Tall Pines?

alan

·
Registered
50 Posts
RE: P3 and P4

Are the Pilons still rallying this season? I read that their car was totaled from the rollover at Defi.

Harry

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts

>I think everyone is forgetting about the 'interesting' 5
>event rule

I forgot when I wrote about the tight P3/P4 championship. My CARS rulebook is on the other side of the US, so I was figuring things from memory. Then Steve or Scott (forget which one) was kind enough to copy the text from the "50% rule" and send it to me. Scott has 4+ and Steve will have 4 with Tall Pines. I have one each out of P4, Open and P3 (plus another P3 for Tall Pines) so far this season, so I won't be winning anything :-(

I co-drove for Steve at Defi and it looks like I will be co-driving for Scott at Tall Pines.

alan

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

>4 events, now that we're down to 8 total.

Yeah. It's "must start 50% of the total events unless an odd number in which case rounded up". Tom wins.

Unless we want to agree that he doesn't, and then you and I and Sylvain take it to the wire at Pines.... That would be some racing.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
50 Posts

A little-known fact is that you can enter a P3 car as P4 so if you wreck your P4 and can't afford a similar car you can continue to enter events as P4 with a lesser car. You can't go over the P4 limits but you need not go over P3's limits to qualify for P4.

Harry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts