Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great article Alex! Starts out with the videos, now writing race reports, geez when I was his age I was just an obnoxious skate punk.
see ya in Maine,
JTree

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Alex did far more than just write up the report at Rapidan. He'll have to tell you himself. Good job Alex. You'll be Pro soon.

Correction to the article though: Each RallySprint averaged 30 minutes of seatime. The stage run 3 times took about 10 minutes each.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My word document says "it still provides approximately ten minutes of seat time per competitor." but I assume Ben changed it with his editing trying to make it more specific. I think people still get the point though :)

Thanks JTree. Plsek told me that your co-driving for him at Maine, so look forward to a good ride! I'll send over my "other" story to you ASAP :) BTW, how do you like the car sliding at me in the top photo ;) (I swear, I'm really 30 feet away!)

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
274 Posts
So what would it take for someone to give Alex "press" credentials?
Is there something special they'd have to do? Might be interesting...

Ed

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>My word document says "it still provides approximately ten
>minutes of seat time per competitor." but I assume Ben
>changed it with his editing trying to make it more specific.
>I think people still get the point though :)

It'll be fixed soon. I don't presently have the capability of changing things directly.

>Thanks JTree. Plsek told me that your co-driving for him at
>Maine, so look forward to a good ride! I'll send over my

Yeah Tree! George told me you'd be riding with him. Have fun and kick some boo-tay!

Ben

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have to get special permission from the organizers if I'm not 16. Unfortunately, I don't know Buffum, except for maybe the occasional IM where I get a 2-3 word max response :) Anyway, I usually end up signing up as service crew for Don Kennedy, and then if I want to go shoot some video I can hitch along with someone with a press pass and get to wherever I need to go really.

6 more months, only 6 more months...I must keep telling myself that :)

Ben:

No problem, just as long as you correct my English themes next year ;) j/k

Thanks,
Alex

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
> Two late entries, from a new national group in the US called the
> Bolivian Rally Group, fielded two competitive cars and drivers,
> both in Subarus.

Competitive, not to mention LOUD! I'm not sure they even bothered with a muffler, just a straight pipe.

I have 100 or so pictures of Rapidan, but I'm having wicked trouble uploading them. If someone wants to give me a place to upload them, I'd be glad to. Nearly all the photos are taken from the middle of the "Rallycross field", so there's not any impressive jumps or anything but most of them are fairly close-up shots.

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." -- Isaiah 45:22

·
Registered
105 Posts
I FINALLY got to spend some time talking to Alex. Yep, he WILL be a MAJOR force to deal with once he starts driving. Watch out everyone. Alex has done more game-based driving, and more visualisation than ALL of use have ever driven, COMBINED. This young man is SO ready to drive.

As I have been impressed with Alex over the years just reading his stories and posts, I am further impressed with him, as a person, after having the chance to spend some time chatting with him at Rapidan. He is a very fine young man. His parents should be very proud of him.

I too tried to get him some seat time as my Co-Driver @ Rapidan but, alas, i couldn't swing it :'( Once he is legal to Drive-Co-Drive, he has an open invitation in the RallyJunk :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey now Daphne, thats all sorted out! :p
least theres no photos of me passed out on the Wellsboro green
posted on the 'net hehehe.
Jtree

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks Greg. It was nice to be able to meet you finally especially at such a laid back event where you can really spend some time with rally people. A nice switch from STPR where I get about 2 hours total to socialize at both Parc Expose's with so many people there. I think I can say about 2 sentences to each person before I have to move on ;)

Josh:

Did you get my story yet? I e-mailed it to you through the address in the profile.

Thanks,
Alex

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
Never mind, I think I solved my upload problems (or at least managed to work around it). Pictures are here:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=21692179403&n=1974373276

If you were at Rapidan, I probably got at least one shot of you somewhere in the line-up.

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." -- Isaiah 45:22

1 - 16 of 16 Posts