Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Dave is picking up where he left off last year - winning! We miss you over on this side of the pond.

From RallyLive.com:

Higgins Wins The First Round
Wed 28 Apr, 4:44 PM

The first round of the British Rally Championship was dominated by David Higgins at the wheel of his Hyundai WRC.

The Briton took eight stage victories out of a total of ten timed events in the race. A clear win for Higgins, who finished more than two minutes ahead of second place finisher Alister Ginley.

Even if Higgins won with a convincing lead over his main rivals, there were many interesting battles in the top 10. Paul Bird finished in third position, followed by Steve Perez, who had to fight hard against the Subaru of Barry Johnson (fifth place). Young driver Mathew Wilson (6th) achieved a terrific performance by finishing only a few seconds behind Johnson.

In the Group N class, Sebastian Ling finished in first place, more than a minute in front of second place holder Dorian Rees. Neil Buckley completes the podium in third position.

Alessandro Broccoli had a very disappointing rally in the Super 1600 category. The Italian dominated in his class before having brake problems with only two stages to go. Broccoli finished in third place, behind Aki Teiskonen, who takes the victory in front of Barry Clark.

Pirelli International Rally : final results

1 Higgins-Wood Hyundai Accent WRC 1.34.14.2
2 Ginley-Kennedy Subaru Impreza WRC at 2:08.7
3 Bird-Bargery Ford Focus at 3:44.6
4 Perez-Barritt Ford Focus at 5:12.5
5 Johnson-Merry Subaru Impreza at 5:30.6
6 Wilson-Martin Ford Focus WRC at 5:33.0
7 Ling-Phillips Mitsubishi Evo 8 at 6:31.9
8 Rees-Walsh Subaru Impreza WRX at 7:25.4
9 Buckley-Ewing Mitsubishi Evo 5 at 7:37.4
10 Teiskonen-Teiskonen Citroen Saxo at 8:10.4
11 Clark-Shanks Ford Puma at 8:26.7
12 Broccoli-Senese Fiat Punto Abarth at 9:01.7
13 Jones-Senior Renault Clio at 9:39.2
14 Hughes-Cooledge Renault Clio at 10:10.8
15 Redhead-Thomas Subaru Impreza at 10:55.3

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Is that the first overall win for Hyundai? In a WRCar?

Probably not since there are a number Hyundai WRCars running in Europe. I'd expect that they have won rounds of other national championships and/or ERC events. If I was at home I'd have the resources to check that, but...

Adrian

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i'm missing something i think. what's interesting about millner?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
thanks just added that site to my favorites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts