Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Pat and Natalie on winning the Rally
America Championship!! And re the rumor Travis Pastrana may be going to the WRC.....you GOTTA be kidding me.....nough said

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
Kudos to le famille Richard. They made the big push and kicked butt on a privateer budget against hugely funded opposition. Talent and chutzpah can, indeed, overcome the application of Cubic Dollars.

The season outcome was close, but that's what made it so sweet. It's truly an inspiration to those who rally seriously for fun on our own wallets.

Yeah!

Dave G
www.lastditchracing.net

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
>And re the rumor Travis Pastrana may be
>going to the WRC.....

$$$$$$$$ Talks. and Travis had lots and has access to even more.
Yes - I wish it was Pat taking another run at the WRC - but at least it will be someone from North America.

And of course Congratulations to the Richard's and all their team and crew.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You have that right Warren, money talks but there is a bit more to it. Travis is 22, 23? Pat is in his early 30's ( I think, sory Pat if I am making you older than you are). Travis is well known in the extreme motorsports world and has a buzz going on. Pat is well known in the North American rallysport world, where there just isn't the same level of excitement.

Another factor is Travis is from the USA. Pat told me once that Subaru USA spent more money to send Ramana Lagemann to the Rally New Zealand a couple of years ago than he had for his whole PWRC season! That Travis is from a country with a population approaching 300 million shows that the money is there. The marketing buzz that Travis can create results in the money being available.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks for all the congrats

please dont harp on the drivers regarding the ROC, they are busy guys and they dont need extra negativity.

Regarding trav et al, he's going well but has never beaten us in a rally... so if he does decent in an 'easier to do well' WRC event like Mexico then it bodes well for us.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats again Pat! I am sure you loved the pressure from Stig. :)
I've shaken your hand at a couple of rallies and hope to see you at Tall pines this year. Hopefully you have better luck this year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts