Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
According to Jeremy's brother (atleast one of them) they hurt the motor a little with too much nitrous so they might have had a shot at winning or getting second.....

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
When WILL the sacrilege end? Bad enough the strangest sounding 1G RX-7 I ever heard showed up in Missouri for the CRNC (I was aghast to discover that someone had replaced the venerable 12A with a 2.3 Ford engine brandishing a Mazda cam cover) but now we're stuffing 'Stang V8s in perfectly serviceable 2G RX's? Jeesh ...

Beware the Rotary Gods! ;-)

Congrats to Jeremy for persevering despite the acknowledged handicap of dragging Skip along! :+ :p :7

Seriously, good show gents! I know that the two-thousand-dollar-challenge thingy is a tough fought battle and it will be good to actually know some of the characters when I read that GRM article.

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Dude, sounds like they got married or had a kid or something. I wish them every happiness together.

Anyone ever gone for a ride in Jer's homemade 71 240Z 4 barrel Turbo? He popped the hood for me and it was a very neatly done buncha tubes and stuff. It sure looked totally wrong and totally right at the same time. See Butts takes a wild ass idea and makes the thing work. He's a freakin' genius. The G-Tech said 4.6 seconds from 0-60. Like we say in the U.P. "she really shoves"

If you see Jer sometime ask him about it. Then ask him about taking the same car for a beat run down Menge creek road.

Oh yeah, Mike, Jer will shove a V8 in anything. Be careful if he starts eyeing up the Studbug.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like there were about 80 entries from the GRM site. Skip says they had a nitrous backfire on one of the early drag runs and melted 3 or 4 plugs and blew the air cleaner to peeeces. Their earlier run of 12.6 (on autocross tires...no budget left for drag tires) stood as their fastest.

Yep, them Butts boys are purty smart fellers. Brother Jon is responsible for the current shock specs on my Protege and recently landed a job with Mazdaspeed developing performance aftermarket parts for the brand. Jer is working on performance goodies for DCX cars. And dad, Gary, has shown me the fast line around the go-kart track.

Jer comes up with awesome crazy hairbrained ideas like the rest of us. The difference is, he (and Skip) follow through. Not for money. Not for fame. Just to see if they can do it and make it work.

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
John is designing the coilover system for the rx-8 that mazda speed will offer, or so a little birdy told me (can you guess which butts brother). Anyway its a cool finish for those guys, I wonder how much jonh did or didn't help them on the suspension set up, "hey where did those coilovers that we decided we didn't like the dampening rates go?" "uh, I don't know, where did you put them".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts