Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very publicly stated on several occasions I had no intention to renew my SCCA license.

Sadly I renewed today.

It turns out you cannot accumulated season end points in Cincinnati Auto-crosses unless you are an SCCA member.

This to me is a shame, the number of non-members competing far out-weighs the number of members competing so year end trophies will likely be awarded to those who paid, vs. those who actually won.

In my case my main competition is another SCCA member so at least between the two of us a trophy will be legitimate, and at the end of the year I hope the trophy is mine.

Seventy dollars is a little steep for a year end trophy, but I figure I'll earn it with time invested in killing cones.

As a memeber of the Cincinnati region I hope to convince the small contingent that it it would make more sense to award year end trophies to the best competitors -- they have paid for each race they attended and if they are the fastest all season then they should be the winner. This small step to inclusion might generate more members than demanding $70 to be included in a points race.

This also might help keep me informed of the promised Dayton and Topeka Circuit rallies.

Still stuck in the machine,
Mike

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I don't think you have to be so apologetic, Mike. SCCA does other things, and if you want to do them - and/or support them - you join the organization. The SCCA is the 50,000+ PEOPLE who make up the membership, not the few on the BOD that decided rally was a bad business risk. I actually LIKE the folks in my region...

The region requiring membership for yearend points is making a business decision, too. They need that $20 share of the membership fee from folks like you so they can continue to exist and put on the events you like. Doesn't make it right...just explains it.

Bruce
SCCA spouse member

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>I actually LIKE the
>folks in my region...

you like me, you really like me!

i always knew you were a big softie.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>>I actually LIKE the
>>folks in my region...
>
>you like me, you really like me!
>
>i always knew you were a big softie.

I am always willing to make exceptions...

Bruce

·
Registered
926 Posts
I know a few people who are active in other SCCA racing besides performance rally and they kept their membership. I do participate in a lively NER rally-x program but let mine lapse. I am not doing rally-x for trophies and while I would be happy to pay the NER the whole fee, not if they have to send some along to Topeka. Of course that means I cant function as a Safety Steward any longer, but whose loss is that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts