Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Jeff Burmeister drink so much of Mustafa's special sauce (Potcheen something potent and Irish) I know that my crew is barely moving so I hope that he is okay:p On another note why did a Turk bring the serious Irish Liquor? Hope that everyone had fun.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot even remember Sunday morning all I remember is asking Mustafa what were you giving to us last night? With a slight smirk he said "it was moonshine basically" which made everything a little clearer.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Does it really have to come to this ???

Do you really need a Turk to teach you how to drink ???

I drank a shot with everybody I offered a shot to and I was fine the next morning.}> }> }> }>

I guess now you know why it's been banned since 1667, it's good stuff. I am sorry that S.Burke returned back so early, I bet he'd appreciate.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
>Does it really have to come to this ???
>
>Do you really need a Turk to teach you how to drink ???
>
>I drank a shot with everybody I offered a shot to and I was
>fine the next morning.}> }> }> }>
>
>I guess now you know why it's been banned since 1667, it's
>good stuff. I am sorry that S.Burke returned back so early,
>I bet he'd appreciate.
>
>Cheers
>
>M.Samli

If there is anyone who loves a drink or 40, it's Mr. Hackett.

Pete

·
Registered
521 Posts
Christian, didn't George say that's how Jeff always was?

Of course I did earn my Team Jamaica shirts while in Mexico and an invite to their biggest Rally in December, their Mark Nelson (Co-driver to Douglas Gore) carries Over-proof Jamican Rum in his Sparco bag when he's not running. It's says 72% on the bottle but isn't called 'Over-proof' for nothing...

David

PS
I didn't see you turning down anything Pete....}> The bar at the hotel wasn't as fun as in Maine but the floating parties were great. Great pictures as always Pete!

·
Registered
189 Posts
rallymeister

The bartender in the lodge in Maine is why they invented that device that pours a perfect shot. I dont think that lounge is very profitable.

rallymeister:'( :'( :'(

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
>rallymeister
>
> The bartender in the lodge in Maine is why they
>invented that device that pours a perfect shot. I dont think
>that lounge is very profitable.

The bartender had the highest blood alcohol level out of everyone that was there!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Laugh!

Thanks for the concern over my fragile condition! Actually after the fourth (or was it the fifth?!?!) shot of that stuff, I was starting to enjoy my new found "medicine." It actually goes pretty well with Corona chasers.

The next morning drive down to LA to unload tires and unpack the service rig came about 2 hours to early. But there hasn't been a hangover that a good breakfast at Denny's can't remedy.

Thanks go out to the Natalie Richard and to Natalie's brother (insider joke) for letting us party in their room for a bit.

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com
The North American Rally Resource
http://www.SpecialStage.com

<edit for spelling>

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Jeff, I'm glag you are OK }> .

Don't let Jeff Shu make fun of you, when we all went to Denny's at 3:45 AM he decided to stay outside, in the car, sleeping. When I woke him up rather "gently" with "kind" words he started inquiring about some fuel cell and it took Jay some choice words to explain him there was no fuel cell. We still don't know what he was talking about.

We need to repeat this performance.

Cheers

M.Samli
Purveyor of rare (and potent) spirits

·
Registered
183 Posts
Despite my English accent, I'm actually Irish-born and raised, so the "spirit" of Ireland is strong with me :) Too bad I missed Mustafa's lesson the other night. I would have been happy to have "consulted" on the subject...

In the meantime, here's some background on the infamous liquor:
http://www.avimports.com/products/?product+id=12

Neil.
Team SoCal Rally Audi Quattro

·
So long & thx for all the fish
362 Posts
I guess this all explains the person I saw "driving the porcelain bus" in the lobby restroom just before the awards breakfast. I figured I'd respect the privacy of whoever it was, and resisited the tempation to use my camera phone.}>

Jonathan

·
Registered
59 Posts
>Laugh!
>
> But there
>hasn't been a hangover that a good breakfast at Denny's
>can't remedy.
>

Or the Soumi bakery!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
No worries Tony.

I have your share saved, anything less would be uncivilized.}> }> }>

Of course for academic and scientific purposes, we will have to prepare a comparative report between Tequila and Potcheen, I have no doubt you will be ready an present to oversee the procedures.

Cheers

M.Samli

1 - 16 of 16 Posts