Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone's mention of commoraderie (spelling?) in the rally community makes me want to share a great story from our week at Pike's Peak. On Thursday our turbo went out during qualifying. Sitting at Glen Cove waiting for the rest of the vehicles, then all the rally cars we were talking with some of the other hill climb class competitors. We told them what had happened and shortly after, the two Horiuchis from japan, one in Unlimited, one in Pike's Peak Open (and our competitor) came over to tell us that they just spoke with their owner and he said if we needed a turbo we could have, yes have, one of the spares from their FTO unlimited car. Shortly after Andrew Hawkeson from NZ, upon hearing of our turbo said we could have one of his spares as well. I'm sure had we had an opportunity at that point to talk to any of the Rally America teams every one with a spare would have offered it to us. Luckily by the time we got to the service area we found out our crew had heard by radio via a competitor who called back and told his service crew to inform our team, and our crew had already talked with our turbo builder in Chicago, Durabilt, who was dropping everything to build us a turbo and overnight it to us. We had it at 8 am on Friday morning.

Jimmy Keeney, who races a Group 2 Honda in rally and a 750 hp open wheel car, opened his shop up to us all week long, Ron Nelson's team on Friday when their head gasket gave up, and Andrew Hawkeson to get the rental vehicle we helped him find so he could practice and be allowed to race once his Evo came out of customs, and helped Leon find belts. His mother and father, Vicki and Jim Keeney opened their house to our team and saved us much money on hotel and food and gave us huge, huge amounts of moral support, advice on the mountain (the whole family has raced it numerous times), and more. Jimmy also provided many competitors with custom decals, sponsor stickers, numbers, etc when they needed them, often dropping what he was doing on his own vehicle to do so. It really is too bad that his open wheel engine blew up. I have no doubt he'd have won it overall. Watching him drive that monster is absolutely amazing.

So anyhow, I'd like to thank all of the mentioned people above, as well as every other rallyist and rally enthusiast who has helped my friends and me at any event.

[a href="http://www.peakmoments.net/albums/userpics/HillClimb2005/DSC_5092.JP"]pic1[/a]
[a href="http://www.peakmoments.net/albums/userpics/RaceHighlights2005/DSC_6432.JP"]pic 2[/a]
[a href="http://www.peakmoments.net/albums/userpics/HillClimb2005/DSC_5396.JP"] pic 3[/a]
[a href="http://www.peakmoments.net/albums/userpics/HillClimb2005/DSC_5346.JP"]pic 4[/a]
(Previous four photos can be seen and bought at www.peakmoments.net as well as pics of all the rally america class vehicles. All need a capital G added to the address bar after you click the link.)

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>Could you resize those pics please? Too large for this forum

Pics look good to me. Maybe you need a LARGER monitor.:p

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Pics belong in the photo/video section. Please resize to 600 pixel long dimension, I had to fight to get the picture viewing function turned back on because people were complaining about downloading big photos in sections other than the photo section

On my SMALL screen laptop, I can't even read your post because the photos stretched it out beyond the edges

Thanks;-)

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morgan,
I've been trying to figure out a solution to that all morning. When I put this up last night I had tried to get the low resolution version but apparently that doesn't exist. Finally decided to go with an incomplete link that is missing a capital G on the end. HTML code doesn't work perfectly in online forums I am discovering.
PS> Great pics by the way.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The links were going back to someone elses page so I had no ability to resize them. I was trying to use html code but it doesn't seem to recognize more complicated code. Nor can it make a picture a link, hence the bad links too. Here's what the code looks like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts