Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Personally, I like the privateers and the new drivers.

It is great seeing all these new drivers get seats, and get a chance.

Finally Toni has a good rig, and is doing well.

Peugeot just gave Corrado the boot, thats interesting.

Skoda and Ford (Msport) both have small driver armies..

Who cares if there is factory teams, if there is 20 semi-close privateers battling it out? What about a privateer podium! oooh.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I am suprised the Ford's are doing so well with thier new drivers. I just hope Toni can keep it on the road, I think there will be more than a few bent Foci, of course Malcom has figured some secret to getting cars and drivers to finish with great consistency.

Citreon: Glad to See Duval can drive well in any fast car.

Marko: I loved him in the Ford, no excuses at the moment.

Peter: surprisingly fast in the sube on pavement, of course now that Pirelli has two teams maybe they finally have a pavement tire.

Seblo has a really good chance of winning two in a row, but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to tell.

Mike

·
Registered
532 Posts
>It would be three in a row

If you are referring to Championships, then no it would be two. Petter won 2003 with Loeb in 2nd. Loeb then won 2004.

Dave C

·
Global Village Idiot
543 Posts
"Peugeot just gave Corrado the boot, thats interesting."

Really?
Rally-live has quotes from him from the last few days.
What happened there?
I've always thought Corrado was one of the more interesting characters in WRC!

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>I haven't read one thing on what people are thinking of the
>'05 WRC season, and we're already on stage 4 of Monte!
>
>Will Loeb win again? Is the future of WRC manufacturers really
>going down?

Jeff:

Every year, I find myself less and less interested in the WRC.

Having watched the "Evolution of Rallying", a few months ago, it is now clear in my mind why this is so.

The WRC used to be exciting. It has now become boring.

Many times last year, I had to force myself to continue watching a WRC event on Speed. If I find the shows uninteresting, then it is easy to figure out why the ratings are so poor on Speed.

I actually look forward to the shorter shows this year. I would even like to see them return to presenting the one hour show a week after the event, so they can edit a proper package for television.

BTW, has anyone tried to find live results for the current Monte Carlo on the internet and not have to pay for them? Still possible, but not easily done anymore. Just another reason to loose more interest in the WRC.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
768 Posts
FREE live WRC sites

- www.wrc.com is still free but I can't read the text!! (All Webmasters using black back ground should be shot...)

- I follow WRC at: http:
//www.mitsubishi-motors.com/motorsports/e/05wrc/

....and fresh comments at www.rovanpera.com which tells ALL in Finnish but ONLY good things in English! I love it...

....and, again, in Finnish at: www.ralli.net where the best news are...

PS. Harri already lost tranny and has no good spare. Both are losing on & off semi-auto gear shift. Mitsu's handling and brakes suck too. However, rest is "100% better than last year."

- Biggest surprise? Toni Gardemaister's speed. I thought he was done... Glad to be wrong!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think the wrc will get more exciting once they get rid of active diffs..... Which I hear will happen in 06 "keep the active center diff" I think its going to be a big fight on sat....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Go Skoda !!! Go Skoda!!!

Theres a Skoda that just handed a mess of the big boys there but!

I think I need a Skoda .

Have Fun

Hazardous Toys inc

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>Every year, I find myself less and less interested in the
>WRC.
>
>Having watched the "Evolution of Rallying", a few months ago,
>it is now clear in my mind why this is so.
>
>The WRC used to be exciting. It has now become boring.
>
>Many times last year, I had to force myself to continue
>watching a WRC event on Speed. If I find the shows
>uninteresting, then it is easy to figure out why the ratings
>are so poor on Speed.

No kidding. I tried to watch a couple of shows last year but it was boring as all get out. That's too bad, they might as well go round and round. They all look the same, sound the same and drive the same.

Of course my 1995 video is as cool as ever to watch.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
>BTW, has anyone tried to find live results for the current
>Monte Carlo on the internet and not have to pay for them?
>Still possible, but not easily done anymore. Just another
>reason to loose more interest in the WRC.
>
>Doug Woods
>

Doug, I've been getting the results on wrc.com. I suppose they aren't quite "live" but still pretty up to date and as far as I know (!) I'm not paying anything for them.

Kent

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Doug, I've been getting the results on wrc.com. I suppose
>they aren't quite "live" but still pretty up to date and as
>far as I know (!) I'm not paying anything for them.

Kent:

Yes, that is the site that I am using now. Not a bad site, but as Topi said, it is hard to read the reports with the black background.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>I haven't read one thing on what people are thinking of the
>'05 WRC season, and we're already on stage 4 of Monte!

You asked, so here ya go.....

After watching WRC on the tele for the past few years... I couldn't care less anymore. Every year the same testosterone injected grocery getters. No Porsches, no jeeps, no trucks, nothing but Subarus, Citroen etc mommy-mobiles.

It's almost as boring as NASCAR.

Edit (a while after posting the above)....

I'm sitting here watching the Monte. Nicky was talking about HANS... interesting, but I'll spare you my comments about it. Once again spectators are at extreme risk. Sooner or later a bunch of them will die, and for what? What a shame. What difference does it make if you are killed by a $2,000 car or a $1,000,000 car?

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
RE: FREE live WRC sites

<<< - www.wrc.com is still free but I can't read the text!! (All Webmasters using black back ground should be shot... >>>

You have a problem with black?

You & JVL want to shoot people. I think we have a problem here Jim!

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing against our "american" commmentator, but I am glad that we are getting the good old Channel 4 commmentator this year. The Editing into the program for Nick's stuff is pretty rough at best, but you can see that they are trying to make the best out of a contract that they shouldn't have signed. Still we get a 90 minute show instead of 60, I'll take it.

It's Great to see a podium that isn't anything like the past.

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com
The North American Rally Resource
http://www.SpecialStage.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts