Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Steamboat Springs where I co-drove for Revan MacQueen in **** Kilpatrick's old car "Yumper". Jim Gill, Mark Cox et al put on a great event. A total of 14 cars started with 10 finishers. We were 9th overall and 2nd in Gp5 behind Jim Gillaspy and **** in their RX-7. I highly recommend this rally to all. The weather was in the 70's, scenery is magnificent and the roads are awesome. They were extremely smooth and very fast, some of the best roads I have ever driven on. There were fast flowing stages with some technical ones thrown in for good measure and not too many transit miles. Freehill and Minniear had an end over end roll in their immaculate red VW Corrado about half a mile into Stage 3 which was witnessed by some from the start of the stage. The car is a total write off with no straight body panels anywhere. Both crew members escaped without serious injury apart from a few bruises. If you can make this event next year as part of the new WSRC series, you will not be disappointed. I will be going back.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
>Freehill and Minniear had an end over
>end roll in their immaculate red VW Corrado about half a
>mile into Stage 3 which was witnessed by some from the start
>of the stage. The car is a total write off with no straight
>body panels anywhere.

I don't know. I spoke with him after I bugged out early from the awards dinner. He was talking about how he could repair the car. The cage did not budge and the windscreen only had a smallish crack :)

alan

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
From memory,
#432 Ron Nelson/Rick Burtis Evo VIII Open
#456 Brian Moody/Erica Lucero Audi S2 Open
#421 Jason Waples/Moberly Eagle Talon TSi PGT
#228 Ross Foster/me 323GTX PGT
plus six more finishers

However, I couldn't hang out until official results were posted, so this could have changed.

I wouldn't mind seeing official results so I can start trying again to get Ross' seed fixed.

alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts