Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to accommodate the ?procrastinators? of the world, the organizers of the Colorado Cog Rally have extended the late entry fee date for the 2003 event from Friday, September 5th to Sunday, September 14th at 10:00PM MST. Entries submitted by this date will not be subject to a late entry fee and will be assured of receiving the numeric stage notes from P-Sports that are included in the Seed 1-7 entry fee at registration. The organizers will be submitting an order to SCCA personnel for all stage notes on Monday, September 15th.
Our current entry field is posted on our website at www.coloradocog.com We still have some space remaining so don?t delay.
jtg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got back from doing the Stage Notes for the Cog event.
The stages range from very fast and wide to technical and twisty.
The technical stages flow like Rim but without the waterbars and with
good stable road conditions. Rocks are pretty scarce too except in a couple of spots well marked in the Notes and Route Book. The roads are almost all on open range grassland and sagebrush areas with trees far and few between. We had the opportunity to meet a few of the community sponsors and they are quite excited about the event. Being a ski town, Steamboat Springs seems to really know about supporting events that draw people in the off-season. As it may go Pro next year it may be worthwhile to run this year. If you are on the fence about running it and you want a less rough event to add to your Western States Championship points...run it!
Pete Lahm
P-Sport

G

·
This rally could easily be one of the better rallies in the US in my estimation.

From a volunteer perspective last year, they really took care of the organizational details and things went very, very smoothly.

It compares favorably (and surpasses in some areas) to ProRally events I've been to- SnoDrift and Ojibwe and Wild West.

I'd go back out to work it, but after driving back from Washington, I have too much to catch up on.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts