[li]Thanks for good service areas
[li]Thanks for making everyone feel welcome
[li]Thanks for the Chamber of Commerce weather
[/ul]
Personal thanks
[ul]
[li]Thanks, Leon, for a great drive.... vell done, mate, vell done
[li]Thanks, Frank and Dave, for keeping the car in top notch shape
[li]Thanks, Amy, for cleaning the sponsor stickers and helping with the little things that kept Frank and Dave free to handle the big stuff
[li]Thanks, Denise, for your tireless efforts in handling flight arrangements, hotel sponsorship, and so much more
[li]Thanks, Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs, for your warm hospitality and support
[li]Thanks, 7-24 AirX, for delivering the race car for us. If it wasn't for the support of 7-24 AirX, we couldn't have won the championship.
[li]Thanks, Perforce Software and Worr Games, for your season-long support of the team
[li]Thanks, Porterfield Enterprises, for the brakes
[li]Thanks, Shults Dot Com for your five years of web hosting and e-mail services
[li]Thanks, WCC Global Satellite Communications, for the use of the satellite phones
[li]Thanks to the workers and fans who cheered us on every step of the way
[li]Major thanks to Tombstone Paintball Park who ultimately foots much of the bill for this addiction we call rallying
[/ul]

Random observations
[ul]
[li]I'm sorry we missed the three preceding years
[li]I hope more of you show up in '05 -- the organizers need YOUR entries to keep it on the calendar.
[li]Service, I've gotta admit, Steamboat Springs was an awesome host for the Colorado Cog rally. The Tennis Meadows service area had SO MUCH space, good flat paved space, for working on the car.... The fairground in Hayden was convenient to the stages and the superspecial, which was cool too. The vittles from the American Legion were tasty.
[li]We need to work on our champagne skills
[li]At every control people greeted us with friendly, smiling faces. Some controls had yellow shirts present to lend a hand, reminding us that the national office staff is just as much in the trenches as the rest of us.
[li]Yeah, some of the stages were fast. In Prescott some of the roads are a little rough. At Sno*Drift some of the stages are icy. Each event has its own character and Cog is no exception.
[li]I hope I can go back next year!
[/ul]
[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
What JD said in the first section:

Thank You, Colorado Cog!
[ul]
[li]Thanks for hosting a great event
[li]Thanks for working the many stages
[li]Thanks for smooth and efficient registration
[li]Thanks for good service areas
[li]Thanks for making everyone feel welcome
[li]Thanks for the Chamber of Commerce weather
[/ul][/li]

Then, mine ... THANKS again to all the Cog organizers, workers, sponsors, officials, fans & the entire Steamboat Springs commmunity! If that isn't THE place to consider hosting a US round of the WRC in 2025 (once we get our feces together) I don't know what is. How many beds are available in that valley anyway???

Thanks to Ron Nelson for the loan of the car (it's f---ing FAST -and- likely FOR SALE after LSPR). Thanks to Rebecca Greek for not telling me when I scared her until AFTER the event but especially for being a rock solid navvie who is sure to go far and makes me wonder anew why I haven't strapped more females in the car over the decades. EMily and Rebecca in one lifetime - how much luckier can a guy be? Thanks to Heather "The Rally Service Crew Chief Goddess" who we really need to record saying "dually??" (Oh, THAT's how a guy could be even luckier!). Thanks to Rebecca's Mom Joanne, aka "MoJo" (luckier still!!!), Rebecca's Dad Mike, Ron's navvie Scott, and everyone else who lent a hand during several wrench-wielding thrashes in the past week. Special thanks to Mark Brown for the loan of his trailers. Thanks to Mike Gibeault for helping Rebecca nudge the Clown Car so we could get restarted and onto the Super Special. Thanks too to the Colorado Gang who allowed this Okie to hang and party like a local at the Moberly's rental chateau TWO nights in a row! Too much fun - and I have pictures to prove it!

But a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to Bob Olson & crew for the loan of a battery, battery cable, hands-turning-wrenches and what seems like annual, ongoing moral support. Bob, Conrad and crew exemplify to the Nth degree what rallying is all about. If newbies care to pattern their actions after a seasoned, competitive and thoroughly organized team, I can think of no better than Bob Olson's. Thanks, again, guys!!! You are all AWESOME!

Despite all the hours and thrashing, it's always great being part of this amazing sport! Thanks again, everyone.

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts