1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
286 Posts
That year, they asked for bios of everybody under the sun to make the program 'more interesting' (aka thicker...). Turns out I was the only worker that sent anything in (the brick wall is the back of the auto shop at my old high school, the Subaru is long gone, half those radios are dead, but I've still got the Bell Helmets/Stroker McGurk cap...), so by default I wound up being Worker Of The Year...

Ol' Dan'l was a hard charger in them daze, too...the Dodge he was driving wound up being Jeff Field's first rally car, if I recall correctly...Dan started out in Nick Folger's 510 (finished second at a Tulip 200, leaving numerous people scratching their heads), then moved on to a VeeDub powered full-bodied dune buggy he built in his shop...Nick navigated, Dan drove, and they both froze their keisters off, because the buggy's first event was a Sno*Drift, and it didn't have a heater...make no mistake, Dan knows how to get around a corner quick in addition to knowing the politics of our sport.

The team was sponsored by Domino's Pizza, as the co-driver was the franchise owner for Domino's in the Dayton OH area. We have it on tape, out in the apple orchard buried deep, and we ain't telling which tree it's under...co-driver Eric Marcus, in his Domino's Pizza driving suit, standing next to his Domino's Pizza-sponsored rally car, asking the service crew ,"Anybody hungry? I'm going across the street for a hamburger..." at a Sunriser back around a number of years ago...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.