Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found the incentive to get a Pro License...If you want to Run both days at COG this year, you need to be a PRO entry other wise you only get to run 1 day as Club...Whats up with that?? Am I reading this wrong???

-greg

M

·
0 Posts
looks like you are reading it right.

I could speculate as to the reasoning, but hopefully someone who actually knows will explain.

I assumed it was a 2 day clubrally I guess because that's what we've become used to, but I know it's only been a single day event in the past.

who knows. I still want to go :)

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
It looks as if you are correct (Did you contact Cog organizers to confirm ?)
- It is not uncommon to have only one ClubRally connected w/a ProRally. (I think this has happened in Maine a few times).

It is up to the organizers- and, by having the ClubRally finish on Sat. night they can breath a bit easier dealing with just the ProRally on Sunday.

These guys are taking BIG steps going from NO rally two years ago to a ProRally this year- Having worked on the Cadillac Clubrally last year I know this is true.

M

·
0 Posts
They had an event in 2001.

I moved to Steamboat Springs in October of 2001 and arrived in town just in time to miss the rally.

I worked it in 2002 and hope to drive this year :)

Bring your big HAM aerials, it ain't flat out there.

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
Yes, Matt, you are correct- see what happens when you get old like me.
- Don't know why I thought Cog was new last year.
Anyway- It will be new for me this year and I am looking forward to it a great deal.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I talked To Jim Gill at Rim about the 1 day for Club and 2 Day for Pro, he stated that this gives the Club guys the opportunity to head out early, if they choose, and makes Sunday a short day for the volunteers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "Club Guys" always have the opportunity to leave early..they just don't enter day two. A long drive from San Francisco for one day..but I have to say I did it last year and it was totally worth it.

-greg

·
Registered
868 Posts
Greg,
You could come to Wild West instead and probably get in more miles than the "Pro" guys will at Cog. It's probably cheaper too, and maybe more fun. I'll do Pro again, but not this year - it just doesn't make economic sense. I'd rather get more seat time for less money. That's why I skipped STPR this year after doing it 3 years in a row. Dryad/Shitepoke just made more sense.
Dave Hintz
Car # 207

·
Registered
967 Posts
>Greg,
>You could come to Wild West instead

[http://wildwestrally.com/04enter.htm]

Tentative schedule:
Saturday: Nahwatzel-11:30 a.m.; service; Kuhnle-1:00 p.m.; Schafer-1:30 p.m.; Deckerville-2:20 p.m.; service, Kuhnle II - 3:05 p.m., Schafer II - 3:40 p.m., Deckerville II - 4:30 p.m., service, finish 6:00 p.m. 70+ stage miles

Sunday: Nahwatzel-11:30 a.m.; service; Dayton Up-12:45 p.m.; Taylor
Hill-1:20 p.m.; service; Dayton Up II - 2:10 p.m.; Taylor Hill II - 2:45 p.m.; Wild Cat - 3:30; finish, FCI 4:30. 60 or so stage miles.

Jim Culp

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Interesting comparison...Cog decided that the Club guys needed a travel day on Sunday, while in the NW, they run Saturday-Sunday (rather than Friday-Saturday) so their Club guys don't have to take an extra day off. I suppose it depends on how far your typical competitor has to travel.

You may not like how they do it, but you can't say they're not thinking of you.

Bruce

1 - 10 of 10 Posts