Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
With NA you'll be frustrated. There's just nothing there when you hit the gas. At least that was our experience (stock NA 2.5). You're at a big disadvantage if you're racing any turbo cars, since a lot of the race is uphill at altitude. (Yeah, yeah, you can make up time going downhill, etc., etc. - but gravity affects all the cars equally).

On the other hand it's an awesome rally and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I could, NA or turbo. Well organized, beautiful country, short transits, awesome stages and a cool town.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>With NA you'll be frustrated. There's just nothing there when
>you hit the gas. At least that was our experience (stock NA
>2.5). You're at a big disadvantage if you're racing any turbo
>cars, since a lot of the race is uphill at altitude. (Yeah,
>yeah, you can make up time going downhill, etc., etc. - but
>gravity affects all the cars equally).
>
>On the other hand it's an awesome rally and I'd do it again in
>a heartbeat if I could, NA or turbo. Well organized, beautiful
>country, short transits, awesome stages and a cool town.

It wouldn't hurt to slow it down a little more for some practice, I could use some.

·
Mostly TSD Weenie
181 Posts
>How thin is the air up there on the Cog stages?

Hayden is at elevation 6335 ft. Stages are up over 7000 ft. NA cars take a hit, about the same as we all have to live with every day.

Turbos fare better, but tend to have horrendous lag compared to sea level. I remember my old Merkur acted like a Pinto until about 3500 rpm up here, but pulled hard off the line in Chicago.

The roads make up for it though, and everybody has the same problems.

·
Just another Subaru
786 Posts
this will be my 4th year running cog. 2 years co-driving, 2nd year driving. first year with a turbo.

I drive a N/a car every day here in denver and I never noticed much loss from home.

All the stages seem to flow very well and keeping speed in the N/a cars didn't seem super hard.

If I can keep the car between the ditches and get my frist rally finish of the year, I think it could be a great rally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts