Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Co-Driver
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I hope you don't mind me starting this post and I don't expect many replies but....

I've recently started a Driver/Co-Driver matching service in the UK and while I'm very aware this is an American site some of you may at some point be looking to compete across the pond and if you do you may be looking for a partner.

The details of the site are in my signature and feel free to follow RallyMatcher or me personally on Twitter.

·
<catchy rally phrase>
1,261 Posts
Hi folks,

I've recently started a Driver/Co-Driver matching service in the UK and while I'm very aware this is an American site some of you may at some point be looking to compete across the pond and if you do you may be looking for a partner.
interesting idea....are there drivers over there that would be open to having a co-driver fly over to run an event with them? (for the experience?)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Just be careful. MSA rules are tricky and usually require an authorization for ACCUS and a UK address to get a license. If you get your hands on an International FIA license, the specific event needs to accept that license (i.e. be internationally listed) for you to compete.

I've been through it and competed in the UK, but it's a little easier if you're already over there!

Thanks,
Alex

·
Co-Driver
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't believe that is correct. I believe with an International licence you can compete on any events it's lower grade licences you'd probably struggle with and your not allowed to have a licence issued by another governing body.

Would be happy to look into if someone was interested as I have competed recently with a Frenchman on a French licence and in the past competed with other non Brits but I think all held UK licences.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
I believe with an International licence you can compete on any events
FIA International Sporting Code Section 47 addresses this quite specifically, and Alex is correct. The event has to be FIA internationally listed for an FIA international license to be allowed, at least according to the FIA.

Doing non-international events is, as mentioned by both of you, a little murkier. ;)

Anders

·
Co-Driver
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having spoken to the UK's MSA they have confirmed the holder of an International licence can compete on any national event that appears on the FIA's list for National Events Allowing Foreign Participation (neafp)

Now I've had a look at the FIA website and the last mention of this appears to be 2004 so you may be able to argue you can do the event but negotiate beforehand.

Now I don't expect anyone to take me up on this but if you ever needed anyone to call the MSA I'd be happy to pose any questions on their behalf, I'm also reasonably local to their offices.

So the answer is you can compete if the event is on the list but the list seems defunct and so maybe you can and maybe you can't. So yes its grey, but a lighter shade of grey in my mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts