Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try something. The Tuesday after Colorado, I've set up a conference call for any and all co-drivers who would like to debrief, talk about, get acquainted, or otherwise network.

I feel this could be very valuable for novices as well as experienced Co-Drivers.

Drivers are not invited (although I can see no real way to prevent them from dialing in, so we might want to watch how we refer to them).

So. Tuesday...8:00PM Central Time. Call into (218) 339-4600 and use participant code 989102#

Let's see who's interested.

(218) 339-4600
989102#

Tuesday night 8:00 Central

·
navie baby!
94 Posts
Great idea Kim!

Great idea Kim, I hope tons of co-drivers take advantage of this. Unfortunately I won't be one because I will be celebrating my birthday that day in Newfoundland.
I hope it is so successful that there will be another one in the future if so count me in!

Karen Wagner
co-driver

·
Toltec Rally Team
866 Posts
Altho I will not be running in CC, this is a novel idea to share ideas and network w/ other right seaters (and left if they are from UK...)

·
L4 into trees
701 Posts
Ok so this is for people who aren't attending R.C. as well correct?

And what if I've sat left seat for about half of my in car time? Do I have to leave half way through the call? ;)

Seriously though, great idea Kim. And hopefully a great way for us aspiring newbies to make some headway.

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
I thought it was a "co-driver free" conference call, not a co-driver: "free conference call". ;)

Cool idea. :D

Anders

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
Great idea Kim, I hope tons of co-drivers take advantage of this. Unfortunately I won't be one because I will be celebrating my birthday that day in Newfoundland.
I hope it is so successful that there will be another one in the future if so count me in!
I'm in a similar position... well, Tuesday won't be my birthday, but I'll be in the middle of Targa as well. I'd be interested if it happens again.

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any Co-Driver...

...of any experience level from any rally anywhere.

Just want to try to get a method to start developing co-drivers and I don't know a better way than to have them talking to each other....and the shy ones listening in. Knowledge transfer.

So even if you're a wannabe...dial in.

Yes, Karen, it's my anticipation to do this regularly. Rally Colorado was just an excuse to get it started. It's possible, I assume, that there will be nothing to talk about regarding R.C.

Happy Birthday...call in anyway....give us a report from Newf.

·
Toltec Rally Team
866 Posts
Hey Kim,

Could you perhaps share an outline of possible discussion points/issues/ideas? It may help to get people thinking before the call. (I don't want to call it an agenda cuz then it will be work.... ;)

Cheers,
N

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
I might call in to ensure that Kim is not outnumbered by the young farts.:rolleyes:

Doug Woods

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If I am around I will hop on... which means I will be making an effort to do so!

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agenda?

Hey, we haven't even got a stage schedule out here at Colorado....and you guys expect an agenda for the call? Cut me some slack. I want to see who's going to use this venue before I worry about agenda. If Nicky Grist calls in, well that's one agenda....If I've got 8 wannabe's that's a whole 'nuther issue.

I thought maybe just starting out by de-constructing Colorado (bad use of words, I know) we could start some interesting conversations.

I'll hold the call together for two hours I suspect....or whenever everybody leaves whichever comes first.

In the future (and I anticipate doing this on a regular basis if it seems like it'll attract enough participants) we'll develop agendas maybe jumping back and forth between "best practices" of the pros to getting rid of jitters on your first event....I think it will be audience specific. Perhaps we'll actually anticipate subject matter in advance so interested parties can show up and disinterested parties can go back to reading the Coralba manuals.

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump...Co-Driver Conference Call

(218) 339-4600 code in 989102#

Old Fart, Experienced, Newbies, Wannabes....lurking drivers. Dial in. Let's see what happens!

·
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK...Agenda....sorta

How about we work on three areas.

I. Debrief of the most recent event (Colorado Cog in this case)

II. Best Practices...ideas and behaviors that some experienced co-drivers can share with each other and the assembled lurkers.

III. Questions that fit the category "there are no stupid questions" from beginners and wannabes.

The object of this exercise is to provide a venue for co-driver development in the US. I don't at this point know what format will work best, but let's jump in and sort it out!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts