Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now is your chance to contribute. The add has been out for a while and not one resume has been received by the PRB or the PRD. I see lots of people with great ideas on this board, now it is time to put them to work.

-george plsek

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just looked too.

I looked on the main site and I looked on the performance rally site.

Seems worth of a bulletin in the organizers section...

Maybe it should be in the classifieds here, or for sale on e-bay, hey did the e-bay auction for the Performance Rally Program ever close?

·
Registered
107 Posts
RE: AS BIG AS MCDONALDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>
>
>Matt, don't hold your breath, all your gonna get from them
>is a voucher for 5 happy meals.
>
>
>Pete:7

Actually, Jens kept emailing me after the auction was over insisting on out-bidding the final winner :7

Now that's dedication

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
RE: Found the posting

It's in the January 2004 FastTrack but since "cut and paste" is verboten with their on-line stuff, here is my reproduced version:

PERFORMANCE RALLY MEMO
The Performance rally Board is looking for candidates interested in the volunteer position of ClubRally Series Manager.
The Board is resolved to focus renewed attention on the ClubRally series. The current series manager, Jim Kloosterman, has decided that his other obligations will not allow him adequate time to perform the role to his satisfaction. The board regrets Jim's decision.
The ClubRally Series manager is responsible for leading the Divisional ClubRally Stewards as they implement the new Organizational Manual, develop new ClubRallys in each Division, and integrate Divisional Safety Stewards into the ClubRally program. The ClubRally Series Manager will meet with the PRB each month to review the status of the ClubRally initiatives as well as issues and concerns with the ClubRally program and leadership.
If you are interested in the position, please send your cover letter and resume to Sue Robinson at [email protected]

Kent Gardam

·
Registered
408 Posts

Perhaps someone *cough* George *cough* could post more information on the role, including more detailed responsibilities and time required to do the job. I think that would help get people a little more interested in the position.

·
Registered
946 Posts

>Perhaps someone *cough* George *cough* could post more
>information on the role, including more detailed
>responsibilities and time required to do the job. I think
>that would help get people a little more interested in the
>position.

How much does it pay?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

The ClubRally Stewards contribute half their pay to the ClubRally Manager. Makes it one of the best-paid positions around...

Bruce

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Job Description

I have a more important question:

Tell us what you'd do with the job to improve the ClubRally program.

How would you work with the Divisional ClubRally Stewards?
How would you work with the PRD/PRB?

Then, do you have the time, talent and resources to do those things?

The candidate that answers these questions has vision while the one that wants their task list and marching orders handed to them does not.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
RE: Job Description

I have a question, and I hope it doesn't come off in a negative way.

What sort of communication methods are currently used now?
I imagine that phone calls are primary, and email gets strong usage as well - but the techie in me wonders if it might be worth utilizing some sort of workflow solution.
yeah, it might cost some money - but the thought is that if the SCCA were to have something like Sharepoint (or equivalent), it would centralize information and provide the PRD, PRB, stewards, etc with a common focal point for information and getting questions answered from the SCCA and the appropriate people.

Part of the question that was posed pertained to "how would you work with them" - to me, I can't imagine trying to make things happen without being able to share info electronically - having all of the people involved able to access the SAME information as well as each other would be a big part of keeping things organized and implementing objectives.

Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery (work) - is it a fair assumption that most of the people involved have access to the internet and phones?

Rob

·
Registered
967 Posts

Careful there Rob, if you start using that technology stuff to communicate with people... some of them just might start talking back. Fastrack is so much safer.

Jim Culp

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts

>What sort of communication methods are currently used now?

There's a bi-weekly PRB call that you are asked to attend. There are also (at least) monthly ClubRally Steward Calls, that the Club Rally Series Manager leads.

We have also used a email group, but we are transitioning to a forum-based website with private and public forums. It will roll out early in 2004. The CRSM would be able to set up a forum exclusively for the use of the Club Rally Stewards.

The CRSM could develop any communication system they would prefer.

It is a reasonable, correct assumption that (virtually) all the Club Rally Stewards have access to the 'net.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
77 Posts

>Careful there Rob, if you start using that technology stuff
>to communicate with people... some of them just might start
>talking back. Fastrack is so much safer.

:)
I think better communication is key to improving things - the challenge is in maintaining the quality of the exchanges (I suspect you understand this better than anyone)

Fastrack has its place, but was born in a different era - any thoughts on what could replace its functional role of providing meeting notes, rule changes, etc? I've got some ideas, but they would involve larger changes to the SCCA organization and might be too much to bite off right away.

Rob

·
Registered
77 Posts

Excellent news on the website approach for communication.
I'm glad to hear about that! Even if it is just for use within the domain of the stewards, PRB and event organizers, I think it is a great evolutionary step.

Any other plans you can share with us regarding things in progress?

Thanks for your efforts!

Rob

·
Registered
901 Posts
>Now is your chance to contribute. The add has been out for a
>while and not one resume has been received by the PRB or the
>PRD. I see lots of people with great ideas on this board,
>now it is time to put them to work.
>
>-george plsek

Well, George, not to sound like I'm picking on you, but I just got my Sports Car magazine with said Fastrack in it last Thursday (that would be the 18th). And as you PRB folks keep saying that the FasTrack is the one and only way that the PRB will be communicating with the membership (an outdated mode, if you ask me, but you haven't), maybe you should wait until everyone has received their magazines before bitching that we haven't sent in anything??

Also, where the heck is the meeting minutes??? Christian, did you get too busy with real life to get those darn things in? :)

A suggestion: there are a plethora of free forums out there, as well as enough know-how in the membership to set one up for SCCA. What's the deal with the seeming resistance to coming into the 00's and using the available technology to more efficiently and TIMELY communicate with us the membership??

:) Hugs and kisses! No hard feelings, eh?

Kristen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts