Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on the forum much recently, so if this has been discussed, forgive me for missing it. There were quite a few questions on what had happened to the ClubRally runoffs tow fund. I got a letter yesterday that "the check was in the mail" (after returning a W-9 form so it can be taxed of course! I wish Uncle Sam would have helped me drive all that way!).

So the fund has been found, if ever lost. It did cover all my fuel costs for towing plus a bit more; results will vary with mileage! (My diesel gets 13 mpg towing with a rig weight of approx 5.5 tons. I'll wave when I pass you at the pumps, all you gas engined tow-ers!)

Mark Bowers :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
seems odd to W-9 it though.. any other thought on this specifically would be appreciated. I will consult my CPA as to if Prescott will need to W-9 the prize fund... can you also W-9 the SCCA for having to pay the 5 bux in the first place?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The tow fund is paid to the drivers who are invited to - and enter - the ClubRally National Championship event. How much you get is determined by how much is in the fund and how far you tow.

BW

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you finish within your class in SE Div in 2001? If you finished the year 2001 as 1st or 2nd overall in your class in SEDiv, you got an invitation from Kendall, and that qualified you for the 100AW event to participate for the "National" Club Championship (for whatever menaing it has). If either the 1st or 2nd place class finishers decline to come, the season's 3rd place finisher is invited in their place. No others are eligible.

If you participated in 100AW under this inviation, you would get a share of the tow fund, which I am sure is based on the number of invitees actually attending, and pro-rated on their mileage from home.

See 9.6.F.1 in the rules. Hope this sorta explains things!

Regards,
Mark B.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was 1st in gr2 in the south east div. i was invited, went and had a blast, do i have to claim this money? or will it be sent to me?
thanks
Josh Turner

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>i was 1st in gr2 in the south east div. i was invited, went
>and had a blast, do i have to claim this money? or will it
>be sent to me?
>thanks
>Josh Turner

It ought to be on its way. It was delayed a bit because of an administrative snafu...everyone didn't fill out the forms declaring how far they'd towed. Several towed WAY farther than you did :)

I'm sure when the first check arrives, you'll hear about it here first.

BW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts