1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
or look here

For Immediate Release -
2004 ClubRally
Co-Driver National Champions Announced

TOPEKA, Kan. (March 8, 2004) ? Sports Car Club of America, Inc. Performance Rally Department announced today its official list of 2004 ClubRally National Co-driving Champions.

Three of the five class champions came from the North Pacific Division, while the remaining two both emerged from the Central Division.

Out of the five champions, Group 2 Champion Jeff Call, of Kirkland, Wash., scored the most points with 300 out of a possible 480. Call?s point total was 86 points better than the 214 amassed by Scott Sanford, of White Lake, Mich. The spread was the largest of any class. Kathryn Hansen, of Friday Harbor, Wash., finished right behind Sanford for third in Group 2 with 212.

David LaFavor, of St. Paul, Minn., nabbed his Production GT top spot by the narrowest point margin as he beat out Matt Gauger, of Sacramento, Calif., by just four points, 264-260. Pat Thrall, of Worthington, Ohio, ended the 2003-04 season in third with 190 points.

The state of Oregon produced two champions including Jeff Price, of Portland, Ore., who earned top honors with 256 points in Open Class competition. He was 38 points better than Erik Lyden, of Auburn, Wash., who finished with 218. Joe Petersen, of Rubicon, Wis., won the bronze with his 202 point total.

Production?s top spot went to Kevin Poirier, of Ranier, Ore., who was the other Oregonian to capture a championship. His impressive total of 274 points (second overall only to Call?s 300) was 10 better than Felix Wong?s 264-point effort. Wong, of Irvine, Calif., finished well ahead of Kaari Cox, of Hamel, Minn., whose 238 points earned her third place. Cox co-drove for her husband, Jim, who won the Production Class title at the 2004 SCCA ClubRally National Championships (CRNC).

Jon Atsma, of Grand Rapids, Mich., was best in Group 5 for 2003-04. His 264 points beat out Dave Kean, of Everett, Wash., who tallied 252 points. Rob Bohn, of Noblesville, Ind., who co-drove for three-time reigning ClubRally Group 5 National Champion Mike Hurst at the CRNC, finished third with 248.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Can't offer a good solution for awarding the National ClubRally codriver champions, but the divisions holding the most ClubRallies are heavily biased in determining the winners.

BTW, where are the NEDiv trophies?

Congrats to all.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
RE: or look here

> ... out of a possible 480 ...

How does this work? It is supposed to be the best five finishes (9.6.F.2), right?

5 finishes x
20 points for first place x
3 coefficients (max clubrally coefficient multiplier) =
300 possible points

What am I missing?

alan

·
Registered
660 Posts

>For Immediate Release -
>2004 ClubRally
>Co-Driver National Champions Announced
>
>
>David LaFavor, of St. Paul, Minn., nabbed his Production GT
>top spot by the narrowest point margin as he beat out Matt
>Gauger, of Sacramento, Calif., by just four points, 264-260.

This should probably say Bob LaFavor. David is the driver. If we didn't tell Bob, how many of you think Dave would keep the trophy?

;)

Jim Cox
>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats to Dave LaFavor. I don't know how he managed both the driver title and co-driver title in the same year, but way to go!! This only goes to strengthen his argument that co-drivers are not important. Just kidding. Congrats Bob.

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts

>This should probably say Bob LaFavor. David is the driver.
>If we didn't tell Bob, how many of you think Dave would keep
>the trophy?
>
>;)
>
>Jim Cox
>#558
>>
TROPHY?
I'd be surprized if they get one. Peter and I still haven't gotten our trophy from last years Ojibwe.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
660 Posts

>>This should probably say Bob LaFavor. David is the driver.
>>If we didn't tell Bob, how many of you think Dave would keep
>>the trophy?
>>
>>;)
>>
>>Jim Cox
>>#558
>>>
>TROPHY?
>I'd be surprized if they get one.

Kaari got hers in the mail today. Nice silver platter.

Jim Cox

Peter and I still haven't
>gotten our trophy from last years Ojibwe.
>
>
>Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
901 Posts
Re: the CRNC being heavily biased towards divisions with loads of ClubRallies:

Organize more ClubRallies in your division, then it'd be more fair. Yes, you won't get to compete, as you're organizing, but you wanted it to be more fair, right?

:)

KT
From the NorPac division, where it seems we have a rally every other day! :)

·
If money were no object
272 Posts
Fantastic!!

Bringing the focus back to the people who are champions..

Congratulations to you all!!!

And a huge thanks to my team leader Kathryn!!!

Back to the way it is calculated..

It only took Kathryn 3 weekends to gain this position...

Don't look at me, I'm just Kathryn's driver..

Steven Perret
Car# 226
Driftin4 Racing
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Question:

Why do we wait until after the CRNC to calculate co-driver results?

It is very understandable that it is complicated to calculate co-driver points, so would it not be just as understandable to eliminate the CRNC results from the (previous) calendar year competition.

The reason I ask is that co-drivers do deserve a lot of credit for their role and it would be nice to give out the awards when people could clap, cheer, and congratulate...

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>
>
>Question:
>
>Why do we wait until after the CRNC to calculate co-driver
>results?
>

Typically we don't do that. In fact, I believe they were awarded at the 100AW banquet last year. This year we just didn't get them done in time, at least partly because we were changing ClubRally Series Managers, and that's who usually ramrods the data collection.

Because of the way it's calculated, each of the division pointskeepers has to go through all the codriver points and recalculate...the top codriver in each class may NOT be the top one for National Champion.

Bruce

·
Registered
158 Posts
RE: Fantastic!!

Thanks for the props, Driver! But, you know I couldn't have done it without you!!! What a season we had, huh?

Let's do it again this year, okay?

By the way, Steven was named Norpac "Rookie Driver of the Year".

Kathryn Hansen
G2 Co-Driver
#226 Honda Civic (under re-construction!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts