Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
So can anyone tell me why you have to have a seperate license to ProRally Co-Drive if you already have a ProRally Driver's license? Also, where does it say that you have to pay an extra $50 to get a ProRally Driver AND Co-Driver's license? My license renewal that I just sent in said this:

ClubRally: $75.00
ProRally (Driver OR Navigator): $150.00
ProRally (Driver OR Navigator): $200.00

Section 2.1.D.4.a. of the rule book says that "competitors that qualify, and prefer to obtain both (ed. ProRally and Club Rally license, as dicussus in the above 2.1.D.4. that "there is no credit for mid-season upgrades form a ClubRally license to a ProRally license." ) shall pay an additional $50.00. The next section, Section 2.1.D.5., then says that "a ProRally driver or co-driver license will allow a competitor to compete in ClubRally events as well as ProRally events without purchasing a separate license."

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do :-\

Matt "K2" Kennedy
www.RockyRoadRacing.com
#931 Subaru Impreza 2.2 PGT - SCCA Pro/ClubRally
#44 Subaru Legacy 2.2 Production 4WD - SCCA/NER RallyCross

· Registered
28 Posts
>Did the third item actually say 'AND'?

NOPE! They both said "or", and I have a photocopy to prove it :p

>As I said, I think this section means 'both a ProRally
>Driver and ProRally Codriver license', and that is what the
>pricing implies.

Well, that's NOT the way it's worded ;-) Another wonderful example of what seems to be the ever increasing ineptitude of the SCCA. :+

By the way, has anyone been told WHY you need to have a ProRally Co-Driver's license to navigate if you already have a ProRally Driver's license, and WHY they feel they need to charge you almost as much as a ClubRally license to get both.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really starting to get fed up with the apparent increase in bureaucracy, with little to no real justification or benifit to the average competitor. Plus, I've got a nasty stomach bug that since yesterday morning hasn't let me eat, drink, or sleep more than two hours at a time :eek:

Matt "K2" Kennedy
www.RockyRoadRacing.com

· Registered
28 Posts
>>FWIW as stated above a ProRally driver's license is ok for
>>club events (as a driver). I have done this.

>That is obvious from the rules - what about a ProRally
>Codriver license?
>
>Adrian

Well, Section 2.1.D.5. states that "A ProRally driver or co-driver license will allow a competitor to compete in ClubRally events as well as ProRally events without purchasing a separate license."

Now, since there are no separate ClubRally driver and co-driver licenses, that would mean that you could use either a ProRally driver license or a ProRally co-driver license to drive and co-drive a ClubRally (just not at the same time ;-) ).

The thing that really gets me going, and maybe it's because I'm a teacher, is that every year the powers that be seem to make up more rules, or new parts/twists to old rules, then put out material ranging from applications to rule books that are missing important, often vital, (explanatory) information, or contain information that isn't consistent form one "official document" to another.

I know that that they did a good job of getting out this year's heavily revised rule book earlier than in previous years, but they neglected follow through and proofread/make sure that everything was ready and in place before they did so.

There's an old saying, and it's one I like, that "any job worth doing, is worth doing right the first time."

Just the view from my little corner of the world :+

Matt "K2" Kennedy
www.RockyRoadRacing.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.