Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,759 Posts
>>
>> a. Competitors that qualify, and prefer to obtain both licenses
>> shall pay an additional $50.00
>>

I could be very wrong, but I think fee was intended to allow one to hold both Pro driver AND Pro co-driver's licenses, not Club and Pro license. This extra fee never existed until the split between driver and c0-driver's licenses in Pro, so that is why I think such is the case.

Mark Bowers

· Registered
2,759 Posts
Matt Kennedy is right; there are 2 lines on the license app form that say "Pro Rally (Driver or Co-Driver)" $xxx. However, I think the second should read "Pro Rally (Driver and Co-Driver)" $200.

I believe that the intent of the rules for separate driver and co-driver Pro licenses, was to allow for lower seeded folks to participate in Pro-Rallies as co-drivers only. This would avoid the shutting out of folks who only wanted to co-drive and did not have the time or wherewithal to move up into seed 5, or, as I like to speculate, allow "new and potentially important people" to participate in an event. (Like those with lots of $$ who might be interested in building a new team, or someone with great 'press potential', like a celebrity.) The dual fee allows one to do both.

It's clear the wording was not done as good as it could. (Assuming I understand the intent!)

Mark Bowers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.