Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 400 flat to crest
6,117 Posts
More confusing illogical crap from our Administrators so as is now the routine answer for everything, never admit a mistake or an error or just plain stupidity, I can guess the answer is:
Due to an oversight or..............

due to a printing error...............

As I understand it the licences are valid from purchase date to when your UNRELATED membership expires, right?

Write a letter to PRB and a copy to Christian Edström and explain that you expect 12 months of licence for your licence fees, 12 months from when you apply.
For many people, the season doesn't start till their car is ready, and for those starting in the second half of the year, who have already paid their Membership say on 1 Jan, but buy the licence later in the year, they're getting short changed, as per the little footnote that all licences expire when the membership does.

I myself have been in this situation where a busy year has kept me out of the woods till the fall before having everything ready to rally, currently if I bought a licence on 15 Sept, and already had membership from Jan of that year, the licence would run out in 3½ months.

Solution?

At sign up, some alert soul noticed the membership is expired when presenting a valid licence would simply say "Dear, you have to fill out this to renew your membership, and where's your check?"

Pretty simple.

There is no concieveably justifiable reason that this should not be the case, it has been such for many years up to about the time some idiots dedcided that since they were incapable of securing any meaningingful sponsorship, every aspect of the entire membership and competition process would be milked for the maximum amount possible in slowly ratcheting up process.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

· 400 flat to crest
6,117 Posts
With the integrated seeding and the suggestions out there for integrated scoring with a footnote indicating Club or so called "Pro",
what is the party line on the motivation for the cost differences?

And I have to agree with the previous post, the rules seem to be coming forward in a hurried and USUALLY confusing form, there is something sewriously wrong with the drafting and proofing system and it is clear that there it is the result of unclear thinking or presumptions amongst those looking at drafts that they are in agreement.

Just how do these and other rules actually get thru so confusingly written?

What's the SOP?, I won't say normal process, I suspect there is no set practice.

And what does anybody else think of the hilarious "$25 value" crap regarding the SCCA magazine I myself value at ZERO.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

· 400 flat to crest
6,117 Posts
"Sports CAR" as bird cage vs kitty box liner- which is better?

>>And what does anybody else think of the hilarious "$25
>>value" crap regarding the SCCA magazine I myself value at
>>ZERO.
>
>It works well in the bottom of my birdcage.
Well! I completely disagree and think you're a silly boy! Nyah!

I don't need it for all the kittens cause they're going outside nowadays.

HEY HEY HEY! In our disgust at the stiffing us with a mag devoid of any interest have we lost the train of thought on what is meant by these rules and how are the different fees arrived at?

And come on what about the nonsense of the LICENCES running out when the membership does, that's crap!
And I can think of a half dozen or more boys who will be in that position.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.