Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Something clever
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

We've been working with Formula RallyX for a while trying to put together a new event. It's shaping up to be a great 2-day event. We're hoping for minimum 2 minute runs on this site for the average driver.

Important: please read the NASA RallyX Safety Rules.
Also, since this is a NASA-sanctioned, FRX-scored event, we will be using FRX classing, which is simplified from SCCA classing. See link here.

Pricing:
Cost per day: $45 day of, $40 prereg
Cost per weekend: $80 on-site, $75 prereg

We're using MotorSportReg for preregistration so you must register for each day separately. Prereg ends on 9.11 at 11:59pm. Each day is scored separately. There are also overall trophies for the weekend. :)

You must sign up for a free account with MotorSportReg to do so. The first 25 entries receive a free event t-shirt. :banana:

Register now for Cle Elum Demo I on 9.13. See current entry list
Register now for Cle Elum Demo II on 9.14. See current entry list

Sample Schedule, final schedule is TBD:
- 0800-0930 Tech, Registration and Course Walk
- 0930 Driver's Meeting
- 1000 First Car on Course

Directions:

Location on Google Maps.

Promo Flier:

Rental Cars:

For those of you who don't have your own car, or don't want to run your own car, the organizers will have a limited number of rental cars available for use. Cost is $50/session/person.

Raffle:

Each paid entry receives a raffle ticket for various drawings throughout the weekend. Additional tickets will be available for $1.00 each. You can choose which drawing to use your ticket for at time of entry. We've got a good list of prizes so far. We'll be posting a prize list as soon as we get it finalized. The proceeds from the raffle ticket sales will be used to purchase equipment and acquire new sites.

Please PM me or post here if you have any questions or comments.

Lodging:

Aster Inn: 509-674-2551
Best Western: Full Saturday night
Cascade Mountain Inn: 888-674-3975
Iron Horse Inn Bed & Breakfast: 509-674-5939
If you want to stay in an old train car.
Stewart Lodge: 509-674-4548
Suncadia Resort: Full Saturday night

Travelers Inn Motel: 509-674-5535
Single bed: $55
Double bed: $65
Three queen beds: $75
Single person room: $48
These were the only folks who would commit to giving us a discount.

Weather:

The weather is supposed to be in the 70's this weekend with lows in the high 40's with <10mph wind. However, when we were up with the bulldozer, we were getting pretty regular gusts of close to 20mph. Please bring warm clothing so that you are prepared if the wind picks up. If you plan to camp on site, please take note of the above conditions. There isn't much cover at the property so there will only be a few windbreaks available.

We'll be asking people to sign waivers as they drive in and enter the property.

Fuel:
There is a safeway with fuel directly off of exit 84. There are also several gas stations on the main road in Cle Elum.

Food:
We are currently working with a local to have concessions available on-site. I am calling the concessions guy tomorrow to get a menu and pricing. I've spoken to him and pricing should be reasonable. We spoke about burgers and hot dogs / bratwurst.

The Safeway is a great place to get food to make your own picnic lunches.

The Sunset Cafe is on the main street in Cle Elum and was receptive to our event.

Thank you,
Erik Lyden
Off-Camber Events

·
It'll do till I get a real one
55 Posts
Raffle items will be collected for about another two weeks, then we will list em ;)
Chassy Dyno pulls........ sound good?
Digital Engine ballancing ?

Just a couple to get ya thinkin ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Directions

I really don't care for google maps, but here's the Mapquest directions from Bothell, WA:

Here's the important part starting on I-405 heading south from Bothell.

1: Merge onto I-405 S toward BELLEVUE/RENTON.
2: Merge onto I-90 E via EXIT 11 toward SPOKANE. ------------------------------------------73.5 mi
3: Take EXIT 84 toward CLE ELUM/S. CLE ELUM. -----------------------------------------------0.5 mi
4: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto 1ST ST W. ---------------------------------------------------------0.6 mi
5: Turn RIGHT onto S CLE ELUM WAY/W RAILROAD ST. Continue to follow S CLE ELUM WAY. 0.3 mi
6: S CLE ELUM WAY becomes ROSSETTI WAY. --------------------------------------------------0.0 mi
7: ROSSETTI WAY becomes S CLE ELUM WAY.---------------------------------------------------0.6 mi
8: Forced LEFT onto LOWER PEOH POINT RD.----------------------------------------------------2.8 mi
9: Turn RIGHT onto WATSON CUTOFF RD. -------------------------------------------------------1.1 mi
10: Turn LEFT onto UPPER PEOH POINT RD.------------------------------------------------------1.6 mi

11: End at 8430 Upper Peoh Point Rd Cle Elum, WA 98922-8410 :)

I haven't tried this yet, I hope they work!

·
Something clever
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for reminding me Ed. We have mapquest directions from both directions. The Google maps link is standard for the FRX events.

I think our supps are going to grow into more like a stage rally event just to keep all the information, including lodging, in one place. Look for a post after Saturday as we're going up to the site to get pictures, try to get a rough idea of the course, talk with the locals and hand out fliers. :D

Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
451 Posts
got it running yes

road tune only so far

still needs 1-2hrs on the dyno. maybe next week

a few more odds and ends then maybe a track day to get the car out and push it a bit and do some data logs.

getting there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What's the "track" surface like up there? How deep do the ruts get?

I'm moving up to the PNW next month and plan on being more active with rallyx. I might just pick up a rallyx beater (e.g., first gen RX-7). Either that or a campaign my Miata (with rollbar and hardtop)!

·
Something clever
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We checked out the field this weekend (first time I've seen it without snow) and it's more rough than I thought it was. We're going to get some equipment and do some course prep work this weekend. It might be a little rough for your miata in it's current state. Updates later.

·
55 Posts
we spent 16 hrs last weekend dozing and dragging, we will be running alot of water to site to prep the soil. to keep the dust down and firm up the soil. a ton better than it was, have temp course set up, 2 min runs without cones, so I'm guessin round 2 1/2 minute runs ?

·
55 Posts
Just a few more days to reserve your rental rally x car if you plan to come out this weekend to Cle Elum and run our two day event. Rentals are going to be scheduled this Tuesday evening, after then first come first served on site. (253) 241-7447 Jon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts