Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Looks like a drag race supplier (you can tell because they are using 10 Gauge tubing). I'm certain the designs are OK, but you may have to modify the side bars.
Is this a weld-in kit or what?

Prices certainly look good!

You may find that the fit is not as tight (to the chassis)as a rallyist generally seeks. Overall though, this may be a very viable option.

Cheers

·
Registered
442 Posts
Chris Alstons chassis works is very well known (now just a supplier) for his drag car work up here in norcal and I was going to get a cage from him but he didnt make a cage for my year honda and I wasnt sure about his custom cage worksheets.. I cant speak from personal experience but ive only heard good things about their shop and their prices are reasonable on all the products they make. They design a front clip for my Nova that I really want too :) Let me know if you try them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Is this guy for real? This is some kind of sick joke, right?

Do they use DOM tubing or seamed pipe? These are things we need to know.

CP
Desert Storm Rally
A2 Jetta #305

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's good to hear that another person is going to build up a 5th gen. civic too. I was begining to think that I may have been making an error in judgement when I decided to build up mine. All you ever hear is go with a VW, Mazda, or other manufacture. There are more experience and parts made for those other car. Well screw them, we car pioneer Honda rally cars!

I was in the same spot you were in a while ago. I had seen this website before, and had thought about it too. In the end I decided agianst it. Like it was said they look like a drag race manufacture. Not to say that a drag cage is any worse then a rally one, but they are really designed for different situations. In drag you don't have the problem of a tree coming through your door, or a rock poking in the roof. If you were to buy it you would probably have to put another bar on the door, and something on the roof. Plus you would have to buy the 10 pt. to have the rear diagonal support.

If you are really interested there are some questions you should ask before you buy. How close is the cage to the A and B pillers, or how close is it to the body in general? What is the material: ERW, DOM, or Crome Moly? Where does the cage mount to the vehicle? Will these places hold if you role down a hill, or just punch throw the cage? Are these complete kits or just the bent peices?

There are a lot of things you need to find out. Plus installing the kit by a good metal fabricator will still cost quite a bit. I would think around $500 or so. You have to weld the cage together, and put the gussets on the car. Lots of strange position welding to be done too. All in all I would really think about letting someone custom build you a cage. I didn't really want to spend that much either, but it really is the best way.

Other then that, how is the car. I have got my own 95 Honda Civc HB rally car in the works too. What class are you think? I am going group 2. What kind of engine are you going to run (if different from stock)? What kind of suspension are you going with? I would like to know how it turns out. Email me with the specs if you would. Mabye we could help each other out.

Robin
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts