Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys want: recce with pace notes, stage...err circuit notes, or tulip-based route books?

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
RE:

For what? NASCAR Rallye?
If someone doesn't know the track by lets say, lap two, he/she needs to see a Doc.
The track will be designed by lawyers anyway, so I'd say they would be safe.

If this is going to even remotely be touching Rallye Crossing European style, the drivers don't need Navigators.

Whiplash RallyeSport
(Rallye isn't a crime)

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
RE:

Two things that are going to make CircuitRally safe according to lawyers.
First strict crowd control. Keep them in the stands with barbed wire.

Second no navigator. That way only the guy with the steering wheel can get hurt.

·
626 Posts
Bleechers

Don't forget...
Hot Dogs and Beer are only for the spectators. :D

Whiplash RallyeSport
(Rallye isn't a crime)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE:

>First strict crowd control. Keep them in the stands with
>barbed wire.

What... no moats, minefields, and electric fences?

·
626 Posts
Control

Naa...
But K9 units would be cool. :+

Whiplash RallyeSport
(Rallye isn't a crime)

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
RE:

>>First strict crowd control. Keep them in the stands with
>>barbed wire.
>
>What... no moats, minefields, and electric fences?
You must be talking about Camp Maxey where we hold the Rallye de Paris events. We have one area in the route book marked as caution to next instruction. When some one asked about this in the drivers meeting, they asked if this was because there were hincklesteins (what ever those large concrete things are called that line part of the course in the rally of Germany) When I said no, there was a response of "Oh good." Then I explained this was because of unexploded ordinance. At that point, people decided to stay on the road.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
To answer the unstated question without answering the stated question: SCCA doesn't understand performance rally - never did. SCCA doesn't like performance rally - hasn't since the days of Terry Moreland. SCCA DOES understand Solo II on dirt. SCCA DOES understand road racing on dirt. They have kept that for themselves. I can't imagine many real rallyists being interested, but since SCCA likes 40 year old cars with absolutely no relevance to the real world, those who complain that their ancient, irrelevant rally cars have no place to play can stop complaining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts