Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
They originally showed this version of the car at an auto show a year or two ago I assumed it would see production at some point. For all of those out there looking to try something besides a mitsu or subaru here is your oppurtunity. It may turn out to be an incredible car!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, but I heard that it wouldn't be a true AWD car, but rather fwd until it sees slipage when it then sends power to the rear.

Philip J. Boer
grinner323(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone's going to have to develop a solution to the Haldex problem. We need those Mazdas and VWs! And TTs. And whatnot.

Okay, fine, maybe this belonged in the constructor forum.

andy
--
Viva la ProleRalliat!

·
Registered
409 Posts
A fellow here in Canada ran an Audi TT for awhile and in the process had a Haldex engineer perform some diff mapping or reprograming under the guidance of Four Star Motorsports.

No word on the success/failure of said venture, as the competitor has since dropped off the radar screen...or is in financially induced "semi-retirement" ;)

Used to be some info about it posted here www.rallytt.com

Cheers,

Bill Westhead

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would also check with the newer volvo guys about Haldex...I think they use it in the awd vehicles and I remember hearing something about "chipping" the Haldex control unit...

I guess this would be similar to "chipping" a modern fuel injection ECU but have never bothered looking for any info---2wd here

·
Registered
926 Posts
Eric Macaire was running a TT in ProRally last year. At STPR he retired at the end of SS7 due to head gasket or turbo issues.

I know Haldex claims a simple switch can be added to their units to lock the diff for "off road" mode. I wouldnt be surprised if they wouldnt be approachable regarding specific profiles for rallying...they are based in Sweden.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought electronic diffs were not allowed. Isn't the twin Haldex clutch rear ends found on so many cars these days electronically controlled to provide awd, disengage for abs, engage one side or the other for stability control, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts