Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, August 29, 2003

Dear Rally Competitors, Officials, Staff, and Rally Friends:

I am so sorry that the Cherokee Trails International Rally had to be cancelled for this year. Our biggest sponsor pulled out their support due to weak third quarter sales and, despite our rigorous efforts, our entry field was less than one quarter of what it needs to be to run a successful rally.

This has been one the toughest decisions we have ever had to make because we've tried so hard to keep the rally alive. The rally community as a whole has had a tough year this year.

All of us at Rally Promotions are so appreciative of all of the support that has swelled up for the Cherokee Trails Rally. Your loyalty and tenacity have really helped to keep up the momentum through all of the challenges we have faced this season.

You have shown us that we have the best and most enthusiastic group of volunteers in all of rally racing. We are sending out a couple of keepsakes for you to enjoy. I know it's not the same as being at the rally, but I wanted to give a tangible expression of my thankfulness to you.

Now don't think that we're down and out for good. Oh, no! We are gearing up for next year's event. 2004 is our year and we're ready to conquer it! We are looking forward to running the rally in March 2004 and we want you with us!

Thank you for your continued support as we continue to work on Kickin' Dirt Southern Style!

Warm regards,
Kendall Russell, Rally Manager
John K. Shirley, Clerk of Course
The Cherokee Trails International Rally Committee
And all of us at Rally Promotions

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for confusion on the year.
Been working all day on 2004.

Wilson, thanks for the call.
Look for more news soon.

John K. Shirley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.