Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
from what people have told me from the past year...

if you dont do recce...you will have a book for transit direction...thats it....

At the Défie st agathe rally next week, team that dont do recce will get the usual road book...like all the Canadien rally...

Charlevoix is under the FIA rules...many thing are different...they do it like the WRC.
i really dont think you will get a "route book like typical ProRally"

I really want to do it this year...but..its getting very expensiv...900$ plus spending the week up there...i can take off from work...but my copilote cant...

it mite be possible to split the work whit a otter team ?
im shure there is a way to figure this out.

the only thing i really dont see is how i can do it is to pay the hotel for a week...:(

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
We were at Charelvoix last year. No stage notes(like the US) available for teams that didn't do recce. Route book was very skeletal. If you want to drive the event completely blind, you can, but three days of driving like that obviously puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Sometimes you can purchase notes from other teams. We were given notes by other teams, but most of the stages were run in reverse with different start control locations, making it extremely difficult to extrapolate the information.

Cheers! John

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've just spent the weekend with my codriver and a Talon on stage roads around New Hampshire changing my pace note system from the old UK numeric system to the Jemba system. In fact we took a couple of roads that we had Jemba for and before seeing them we made our notes and they were very very close which surprised me more than anyone.

So if there's sufficient interest we will copy and sell our Charlevoix notes this year (as well as Defi ones, which we will now make on the Jemba pattern). Marc is going to covert all my old notes for Charlevoix to the Jemba numbering system, and then will do the recce to refine them.

Any interested teams just email Marc or me.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts