Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's a very quick translation of the letter found on Guide Auto. Translation courtesy of BabelPou!

Dear competitors,

After tonight's organizer meeting, we have decided to cancel the 2003 event.

Considering that no major sponsor has been signed and that gouvernment fund are not confirmed yet, the organizer has decided to cancel the 2003 event and come back in 2004 with a technically and financially better event.

We are still in contact with a major sponsor and with those that helped us in the past for a future implication in the event.

We are sorry for the work, time and effort that you have put through for us. We will keep you informed of any change in the next year and your support for the 2004 event and objectives will be appreciated.

Benoit Laberge

That's it!!
Pou

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm saddened to hear that Charlevoix has been cancelled this year but if you are looking for somewhere to compete, work or watch a performance rally in October, please remember that the Georgian Trials performance rally will be running October 11th in Britt, Ontario. It is a regional event, but is full length and has many stages. Please check out http://www.kwrc.on.ca/events/georgian/

It qualifies for points in the Ontario Performance Rally Championship, the Ontario-Quebec Independent Rally Championship, http://www.kwrc.on.ca/oqirc.html and SCCA NEDiv.

Harry

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Very sad. Crown jewel in the calendar, and my favourite event. Long, hard, wild, classic, and passionate. When it returns I'll be first in line.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Should add some spice to the season ending Ramada Express
>for the RSNA front runners. A winner take all shootout.

Peter:

I do not think that is true.

In order to be eligible for the championship, you have to start an event in each of the three countries.

Pat is now the only competitor who can meet that criterion (He started Quebec and Mexico).

However, my reading of the rules is that he would have to start in an eligible car (group A or N).

Thus, it appears that if Pat drives off the starting ramp at Ramada in an eligible car, he is the RSNA champion.

Is this correct?

Doug Woods

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Hmmmm .. I wonder whythey just didn't postpone it 'til the same weekend as Ramada and limit it to RSNA eligable entries only ;-)

·
Registered
328 Posts
>In order to be eligible for the championship, you have to
>start an event in each of the three countries.
>
>Pat is now the only competitor who can meet that criterion
>(He started Quebec and Mexico).

That's a shame for the sport, especially when events are being cancelled underneath you. If I had planned on doing Charlevoix and the cancellation was costing me a championship, I'd be feeling bad right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts