Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Mike,
You might pass this on please.

We spent Saturday in Paris Texas working a bicycle race. The Red River Amatuer Radio Club provides communication for our rallies and many other events such as the bicycle race. In fact, their web page lists many of their events and includes rallying. As our way of thanking them, we go help other events when we can. This weekend our rally team all went to Paris. We took the service truck and our 2 person crew took Ken's Durango. We loaded both vehicles with water and supplies to keep the checkpoints fully stocked. One worker commented that was the fastest he had every received supplies after requesting them. I told him it was because I was a rally driver. I did not mention that we had pre-positioned ourselves to be close to the rest stops.

But more important to this posting, we were standing around talking to the other radio operators. Since we were wearing shirts that said SCCA on them and because they recognized my truck, it finally dawned on some of them what we do when we are in Paris. The conversation turned to rallying and more than one of the radio operators remembered John and Grant. Even today, they are remembered by those who were there.

Richard
KD5PXM
Juanita
KD5PXN
Carrye
KD5RFB
Ken
(We are working on him)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.