Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Open AWD Extraordinaire!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know who is supposedly entered, but has anyone else planned on attending either as crew, or to spectate? This will be our first time heading up to check things and race...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Myself, Andrew Harvey and Erik Ockwell will be there spectating/media. I'm really looking forward to it, it'll be my first time as well.

·
Open AWD Extraordinaire!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy,

From the Challenge PR:

Over 15 rally cars will line up at the starting grid of the 7th edition of the Challenge sur glace Continental ? Sherbrooke. Great known names of this sport such as the 2004 North American rally champion,Patrick Richard, borned in Sherbrooke, as well as Sylvain Erickson, Antoine L'Estage, Andrew Comerie-Picard (NY), Jean-Paul Pérusse and Julien Pilon, to name a few, will participate. «For the first time, we will have at the Challenge drivers coming from American States. Moreover, the presentation of a competition with this type of car on an ice road circuit is new in Quebec. We adapted the formula for our event. All in all, the competitions will keep the basis of the rally. The cars will take the start with 5 seconds intervals and not all in one group. We are going to have spectacular overtakings!» proudly says the president of the event, Dany Sévigny.

When will Cassidy be mentioned in an offical press release, eh? ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Unfortunately, after talking to ACP last night, there's about a 40% chance ACP will be there as a spectator, a lot less as a competitor. Antoine won't be there, from what I've heard.

That said, it should be fun. I'll definitely come over and say hi to you LDR guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wasn't J. Hoskinson also signed up? Plus her car is still in the area... I saw it parked at Jon Nichols' shop this morning. No sense in hauling it back from PN and back out to Sherbrooke.

50/50 on whether I'm going, but definitely as a spectator if I make it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Antoine will definitely be there ... Pat's car has left BC on route ... and you will almost always see Joan's car at Jon's shop.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Any news to report from Sherbrooke?

I see from the event website photos that ACP is there.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
315 Posts
Zimmer is leading, Cassidy is second, and Comrie-Picard is third. Sounds like there is quite a bit of carnage among the rally contenders. L'Estage, Richard and Erickson have smashed all of their lights but still have their HIDs for the night runs. Pat is on his second transmission and is trying to rebuild his original tranny for tomorrow.

I'm getting some updates from my brother via text message. I will post more info as I receive it. He will send me more detailed results later tonight.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
I won round one!
Screw those guys!
It'll be tougher tomorrow.
zimmer 33:38
perusse 34:02
patr 34:09
ACP 35:00
Cassidy 35:09
L'estage 35:13
Pilon 35:26
Legault 40:44
Ericson 43:01
Lambert 47:01

rz

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Alan:

A couple of questions.

Looking at the lap times, they were getting considerably slower and slower with every lap. During each session, was the track deteriorating, getting polished or were the tires loosing studs?

How did Randy manage to beat all the hot shots with only about half the horsepower available? Was it just his considerable driving skill and racing experience? I thought he hated ice and snow. :)

Doug Woods

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts