Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speed TV is conducting a pole of what type of racing makes the best highligths/recap show. So far WRC is leading with 42% over NASCAR with 28%, and F1 with 16%. Now is your chance to be heard! Go to www.speedtv.com and scroll to the bottom of the front page to find the poll and vote.

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
I can't find any poll...

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
291 Posts
Scroll down to the bottom of the page. I wanted to post this up here..so thanks JT.
I figured everyone would vote, but I highly doubt this will change anything....

Tina

·
626 Posts
You shouldn't think like that.
Every little voice makes a difference.
Before you know it, it becomes a scream.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that the poll is written is written in Flash, so it takes a while longer than the rest of the page to load, be patient. You will need the Macromedia Flash Player plug in to view it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on folks, lets vote! The future of all rally TV coverage on Speed hangs in the balance. WRC is still leading, but has slipped to 41%. If you have more than one computer, vote on each one. It appears that the SpeedTV site puts a cookie on your computer which keeps you from voting a second time on the same computer.

·
626 Posts
Delete the cookie and do it over. }>

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final Score

Way to go rally fans! We creamed the competition on Speed. Here is the final score:

WRC 40.74%
NASCAR 28.92%
F1 15.46%
Sports Cars 8.11%
CART or IRL 6.77%

That should give a resounding vote of confidence to the powers that be that rally is a valuable commodity on Speed Channel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RE: Final Score

JT,

First of all I am a big rally fan so don't slam me for this perspective. As many of you know I was involved in the SCCA Prorally show last year.

NASCAR and related shows dwarf Rally in ratings where it counts. The Rallython rated and average of .1, and to put that in perspective it equaled the 'Speed Racer' marathon. I would guess if you put a test signal on Speed it would get a .1. NASCAR fans generally don't frequent the Speed site and have other much more active boards.

Time to get more people to watch. If it is only the converted who watch and vote we will lose our shows, including the WRC.

Jeff

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
My cable company (Time Warner) just moved Speed from the Digital Variety pack (that I paid extra for just to get Speed) to the Sports pack. I'm done, screw them.

·
R5/cr L5 into Helicopter Ride
420 Posts
It's part of direct TV's "extended" package now... So you have to pay an extra $10 or $15 or whatever for the middle package. I have it, with local channels for like $38/mo. Works for me...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RE: Final Score

Jeff, how do you get the ratings for Speed shows? I have never seen them anywhere before.

JT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts