·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just posted to the CARS website!

www.carsrally.ca
http://209.250.151.132/CARSRally/Portals/0/bulletin_atv.pdf

December 9, 2005

CARS and ATV Productions Ltd of Vancouver, BC have signed a letter of understanding for a five year broadcast television package. Covering the period 2006 to 2010 ATV will be responsible for filming and producing a television program for each of the events in the Canadian Rally Championship which will air on both an English and a French network broadcaster. A more formal announcement will follow on Tuesday, December 13.

Terry Epp
President and National Series Manager

Le 9 décembre 2005

CARS et ATV Productions Inc., de Vancouver (C.-B.) ont signé une lettre d’entente de cinq ans pour la télédiffusion du championnat. Couvrant les championnats de 2006 à 2010 inclusivement, ATV s’engage à filmer et à produire une émission de télévision pour chacune des manches du championnat national canadien qui sera diffusé à la fois sur un réseau anglais et sur un réseau français. Une annonce plus détaillée suivra mardi le 13 décembre.

Terry Epp
Président et directeur national du championnat

·
R6 L6 R6< 800
200 Posts
Looks like Santa Claus came early this year.
In actual fact, it isn't really Santa, but a lot of hard work by CARS president Terry Epp and a few of his elves.
Thanks Santa and the workshop gang!

pw

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Bravo!

A long term commitment is something that is needed. The crew showed a lot of promise whild doing the PFR show, and with rally still/video guru Warwick Patterson on staff - I suspect they'll come up to speed damn quickly!

Well done Terry - and all that helped!

We probably owe a huge thanks to Ken Kwong and the PFR crew for taking a leap in faith to do the PFR show that introduced these guys to the sport!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good to hear . With a year wasted, perhaps the CRC can pick up where it left off and be the rally championship that it should be.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Awesome!!!
Now maybe we can see a few more factory teams? Plus now I can catch more Canadian rallys than Tall Pines :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well done to the PFR organisers and Terry Epp and everyone else in between. It means that the sport has an opportunity to accelerate it's growth and with that will come the opportunity to run events more economically. Fantastic news.

Mark JB
www.pbrally.ca

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Show ATV Put together of PFR this year was really well done, and that was their very first introduction to rally filming! With the experience and knowledge of Warwick and the skills of the rest of the production crew, I'm sure we can look forward to some really amazing rally broadcasts in the years to come! I'm all for it!

Congrats and Hurray for all those involved in making this possible... TV means sponsors and sponsors mean bigger, better rallies, and that's a good thing, IMHO!

Cheers

Mark M. Pinder

·
Registered
41 Posts
certainly great news!

I wonder, will there be more grass roots teams highlighted???

RDG was of course made to highlight subaru, as they were paying primarily for the deal prior...
Im really hoping to see more mention of interesting smaller grassroot teams in the coming seasons, team interviews, on stage film, etc... (can anyone comment on this?)

It will give viewers (friends, family, sponsors & the general public) the opportunity to follow their favorites through the series and cheer them on from home. (the favorites arent always the fastest)

this will also show the general public you dont need a 200,000$ Subaru to compete and have fun, bringing more interested parties to club meetings.

again to highlight (SPONSORS). I know this TV deal will give us the means needed to put a strong team together in the coming seasons.. This may be what ACP's team & others need to put an open class team back together as well!

more competitors with more support = equals more competition, and thats what its all about.

Great work guys

AW

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
There will certainly be an effort made to showcase all aspects and levels of the sport, and I think the planned broadcast schedule will allow for more of this. You'll know more as it all comes together.

Super excited about this opportunity, and I can't wait to get cracking at Perce Neige!

W

·
Registered
41 Posts
thanks a million Warwick,

Television exposure is without a doubt the most effective way to bring the sport to a large audience accross canada, I think we'll see a major improvement in the coming 5 years, to increase the current average of teams joining CRC each season, and that will result in a greater number of entries... YES!!!

Im sure I speak for many other privateer teams when I say we greatly appreciate your efforts and interest in promotion of the sport and its supporting teams at all levels!

AW

·
Registered
319 Posts
Excellent news! This is exactly what CRC needs. Coverage of teams other than the top 5 would be awesome too, and possible if their production of PFR is an indication of what is to come.

Well done Terry and everyone who worked on this deal.

-Martin.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Congratulations to all that made this happen!

I guess I will have to drive faster now to get on TV - since I have already done the "roll your car to get on TV" thing!

·
Media Dude
1,464 Posts
>Congratulations to all that made this happen!
>
>I guess I will have to drive faster now to get on TV - since I
>have already done the "roll your car to get on TV" thing!

no encore? ;)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
>>Congratulations to all that made this happen!
>>
>>I guess I will have to drive faster now to get on TV - since
>I
>>have already done the "roll your car to get on TV" thing!
>
>
>no encore? ;)

Nope - once is / was enough for me!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mr Ken Kwong,

Thank you for taking the initiative to go out and source a deal for PFR.

Thank you for selling it to ATV and assisting them in understanding our crazy pastime and that there was a future and gains to be made for all in televising both PFR and eventually the CRC.

Thank you for bringing the deal to the PFR extended organizing committee, WCRA club executive and membership allowing us all to understand why it was so important to find the money to commit to the TV deal even before securing a sponsor! If you build it, they will come.

Terry, thank you for seeing the value ATV had to offer and for negotiationg then making your way to Vancouver to get the deal signed that will now benefit the entire CRC.

Further, in regards to the CRC I understand to date only RMR and PFR organizer's have committed to attending the CARS AGM in January. This is one of the few opportunities for the CNRC to learn from each other which will only assist in growing and strengthening the series. I would therefore urge the event committees to fund their organizer's and ensure their attendance in Vancouver. I know my time sitting in on the meetings as an observer was well spent and allowed me to learn from others resulting in positive changes to volunteer coordination at PFR this year.

Doug

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
I also suspect that this would be the perfect chance for the organisers to have a round table with the new TV producer of the championship so that ideas, thoughts and expectations can be shared!

No one knows better than the people in Alberta and BC that travelling across the country for a weekend of meetings is expensive - but obviously they have seen value from the meetings in the past. Clearly things are moving and shaking in BC, adn it isn't an earthquake this time :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts