Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my 2003 CARS Licence application in the mail yesterday. Included new for 2003 is a medical form that must be filled out by a doctor. I think for the most part, its great for everyones safety. But some of the restrictions I think could be lifted for co-drivers. They are a critical part of the team but does a co-driver need to have "articulations of the hand superior to 50%"? It says "ALL licence applicants must ahve the form completed every 2 years." , but at the top of the restrictions, it says "the candidate will then be granted a licence that will enable them to DRIVE a competition vehicle at extremely high speeds under the most exacting conditions." As we all know, the co-driver does not drive, or I didn't think they did anyway. :eek:

I also assume that because of this new additive to the lisence, risk of liability and issurance cost might drop on paper.

I wouldn't mind hearing some peoples thoughts on the whole thing, esspecially about the co-driver stuff. (Even though my co-driver will have no problem passing, I am still curious)

Cheers,

·
Registered
315 Posts
I believe the reason is that national rally licenses make no distinction between driver and co-driver, so the two occupants of the car could switch seats at any point during the rally. For this reason, the medical forms require that all license holders must be physically fit to drive since any license holder can drive the rally car.

This is strictly IIRC, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts