Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
The whole event was standing room only. Even the awards luncheon was a sellout. (very tasty thicken and mashed potatoes) A warm and fuzzy mood prevailed during the luncheon which featured heartfelt farewells from Trish McGeer (on behalf of SRTC) and very funny acceptance speeches from Antoine L'Estage and Pat Richard. Subaru Canada's Brian Hyland reassured everyone that Subaru would still be supporting the sport in Canada with some kind of contingency program which was still not determined, but would hopefully be announced prior to Perce-Neige.

I'm told the Board of Directors won what was essentially a "non-confidence motion" in the morning AGM and the most contentious issues of major bylaw changes continued to be debated during a special afternoond EGM. I was called out of that one, but I'd love to hear what happened, or if anything significant has changed.

My completely subjective sense of it is that CARS politics are very much like Canadian federal politics. We elect minority governments because although we like, admire and trust our current leaders, we want to keep them afraid-for-their jobs, nervous and accountable at all times. The risk is that one day the good guys will quit and who will step up to fill those big shoes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts