Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen anyone post this yet, and it had come up a while ago.

From the CARS mailout this week.

Feb 6-8 Rallye Perce Neige Maniwaki
May 22-24 Makita Bighorn Rally
May 28-30 Rocky Mountain Rally
June 11-12 Pacific Forest Rally
July 2-3 Rallye Baie des Chaleurs
Sep 10-11 Rallye Defi Ste-Agathe/Duhamel
Oct 20-24 Rallye International de Charlovoix
Nov 19-20 Rally of the Tall Pines

The links to the left all appear to be correct.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think 2004 will be an interesting opportunity for Western-based teams, as 3 out 8 national events are now in Western Canada. So, with the current rules on qualifying for the national championships, everyone needs to start at least 4 events to qualify. This means you get a chance to evaluate your chances BEFORE committing to the expense of a major tow Eastward.

Furthermore, I would think more Eastern-based teams now need to consider attending one or more Western events in a bid for the championship.

Anyone for an West-East-West rally train this year? Start your lobbying now ;)

Cheers,

Bill Westhead

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
It only makes sense to have a West-East train this year, seeing as how there are a LOT more cars out West now. The schedule is good in terms of travelling if you skip the first event...less back and forth. Too bad that one event is stuck by itself at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think the Maniwaki should be moved to December... There is a huge gap between January and...3 rallies in the West.
Starting the season in the West make sense for the poor looking 2004 season...(read the latest issue of motorsport magazine). According to articles the guys from TV2GO could not find new sponsors

Subaru and "Yoko brothers" entire year on TV screen all year...
I hope ACp will get the Subary ride next year.

Jerry

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>I hope ACp will get the Subary ride next year.

Jerry:

What do you mean? Do you know something that we do not? Are Tom or Pat not returning next year?

Doug Woods

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>Jerry:
>Do you know something that we do not?

On second thought ... I won't say anything.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Awwwww, c'mon.....give us the dirt!

If funded factory teams don't come back maybe some privateer teams that are standing back and watching rallies these days might come back.......

Brian

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you are a privateer standing back watching the rallies, then the Subie team won't want you. You have to come with your own sponsorship FIRST before they'd look at you. If you're standing back watching rallies, you're obviously not being sponsored.......

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
>Awwwww, c'mon.....give us the dirt!

Brian ... sorry about that - I have no dirt to tell. I was simply biting my tounge about Jerry Knowing something we don't ...

As for the Subaru ride, if there would be one, I would think they'd look to reward someone that has already shown dedication to the product.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I completely understand that.

What I'm wondering is how did this theoretical, who in the what, where? possiblity of a Subaru ride coming from?

At last check they had two Open cars with Richard and McGeer. I assume that Pat's N car is somewhere and the Paynter's have there wagon.

My original note really meant that IF McGeer and Richard didn't run there cars next year that this might excourage some privateers to return to the sport in there own cars. Running head to head against Tom and Pat is great but basically bankrupting yourself when trying to beat a Factory team just isn't worth it to some, myself specifically.

Brian

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don?t know anything and Keith Morrison as team photographer should know more than I do about Subaru Canada Team. I said what was written in the Magazine.

Getting ACP into this? He deserves the factory Car?but this is just my personal opinion.

Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts