Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I need to ship Focus RS to IL from GA. Does anyone have any suggestions or positive service experience?
I have a couple of questions:
How to prepare a car? How long does it take?
Actual quotas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Browse online. I am going to be using this company this coming Saturday to ship a STi from LA to CA

I also talked to AAA Transporters as well.

Good luck! I hope my first time goes well. They offer insurance...

·
Registered
54 Posts
To update, they set me up with this company:

Carrier: Rausch Transport
------------------------------------------
Total Price: $1252.00

They give and ETA on delivery of 1 week, pick up the 8th, delivery the 15th. I'll try to post back after the 15th

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey!

I need to ship Focus RS to IL from GA. Does anyone have any suggestions or positive service experience?
I have a couple of questions:
How to prepare a car? How long does it take?
Actual quotas.

Thanks.
First, you have to determine if you want open or enclosed transport. Open is the type you commonly see going down the road and enclosed is fully enclosed. Here`s an article about shipping cars cross country, maybe it helps you to decide.

The prices when I looked for a 1000 mile trip varied from ~$2000 to ~$2500 for cloused shipping. I chose the latter because of the investment in my car. However, the vast majority of cars are hauled by the co-ops and they do a pretty good job. You can ask them for special treatment but are unlikely to actually receive it. They take reasonable care but are focused on getting cars on and off their trailers so they can move on to the next job.

To get your car ready it is best to have it cleaned inside and out, then take A LOT of photos the day before or the day of pickup. A good carrier should do this anyway. Most carriers want as little fuel as possible, all seem to want less than a 1/4 tank.

I hope it helped you. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts