Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

I've got a quick question. I was on the Automobile Club de Monaco website last night (www.acm.mc) looking at pictures of the historic entries for the Monte Carlo Historique Rally 2005. In looking at the photographs of all the cars, I came across a vehicle that looks terribly familiar . . . but I can't identify what it is . . . to my chagrin =((!!

It is on the fourth page of the Sunday photos. It is in the first column and fourth row. Above it is a red Lancia Fulvia. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's the one. Niether I nor my dad could id what that was. My dad thought that it might be an Opel. I was thinking that it was similar to a Fiat. But after doing some research on the internet, we couldn't find what it was.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Simon

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sort of a lost '70s micro hot-hatch deal. Claude Laurent & Jacques Marche ran a 104ZS2 in Quebec in 1979 to an 8th place finish. Martinetti & Gabrielli finished 10th in Corsica the same year. Not bad for a car about the same size as a Ford Festiva. Citroen shared the platform and called their's the "LN". Hmmm... Why do I remember this stuff?

Another rally factoid brought to you by...

Tony Latham
Richmond, BC
Canada

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Man, I certainly don't claim to know it all, but identifying cars has come relatively easy for me. But this one drove me nuts . . . I did extensive research 2 nights ago on the internet (instead of working on my grad thesis }( ). And what's worse, I felt it all went for naught because I couldn't identify the dang thing. Thanks to all for imput!!

Simon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts