Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lake Superior Region
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought. Is there a market for well built Club cars? We (translated to mean our fine automobile repair establishment) have been left with an '85 Audi 4000 Quattro with great make-over possibilities. Thus, the question. Any interest? Am I wishfully thinking? Or what?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The Quattro is IMNSHO a great starter car for someone who wants to learn to drive AWD. It's low on power compared to a turbo and fairly rugged if prepared well. Unfortunately, most Clubbies seem to either want a really cheap-to-maintain car (which the Quattro ain't) or an AWD rocketship (which it ain't either.)

We had an '84, an '85 and still have an '89...liked them all, even though there are a number of dumb little things that go wrong with them repeatedly - like the rear door handles.

Bruce

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have actually been working on my '85 4000 Quattro that I intend to use for RallyCross. If it manages to prove itself, I will probably be looking for a similar vehicle prepared for ClubRally. I was looking at Tim Penesack's 4000 Turbo Quattro, but Open Class is a bit much for my skill level at the moment. A Production or Production GT class car(not sure which one a 4000Q fits into) would be of interest to me, and probably others who are looking for their first.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Marquette, MI
And I'm more than likely going to be the one doing most of (if not all) of the work to prep this pretty little car.
I have seen it with my own eyes.
It's pretty.
NO RUST.
NO interior. (like you really friggin' need one?)
Did I mention no Rust?

And for those of you that know me, you know how good I am...
And for those of you that don't, don't listen to the ones that DO.:+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts