Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you watch rally on Speed Channel through your cable or satellite provider (US only)?

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reason for this poll

I have heard a couple of comments in the past claiming that Speed Channel is not a good place for rally to air because of the limited number of households that it is available to. However, in my experience, it seems to be just as available as any other cable channel, say ESPN, and I was just wondering if my experience was the norm.

alan

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Additional choice

You need to add, I won't get cable because my provider does not offer Speed Channel or wants to charge to much to add it to the package

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Additional choice

>You need to add, I won't get cable because my provider does
>not offer Speed Channel or

I would put this under the second choice.

>wants to charge to much to add it to the package

I just added a choice that covers this.

alan

·
Registered
768 Posts

- If Mr Murdock buys DerectTV we can get worldwide motorsports, like Aussie and European rallying, in live. The only satellite link he doesn't own is the US. He already has Asia, Australia and Europe.

·
Nerd with a clock & clipboard
252 Posts
RE: Reason for this poll

I don't have a cable box because my tv is "cable ready" but SPEED is on a channel number that is too high for my VCR so I can't record it! :(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

My Speedvision saga:

In the Detroit Area I only had cable hooked uo to get Speedvision, would not have had a need for cable if I could not have Speedvision.

Then I moved to Battle Creek, MI -- cable provider did not offer speedvision, I did not order cable. I bought a dish to get speedvision but there were two many trees in the way and they blocked the satellite -- I seriously contemplated buying a tower to mount the dish to get the speedvision.

Then I moved to Boston, never thought to make sure the cable company that provided service to the condo I bought would offer speedvision -- thought my speddvision worries were over. DOH! Cable company did not offer speedvision, condo management would not allow me to mount my dish, no speedvision no cable bill. (AND a flyer every two weeks advertising digital cable that would get me speedvision -- that of course was not available in my area -- I called every two weeks to ask for digital cable with speedvision and the cable company never got the clue...)

Off to lovely Columbus, OH and digital cable and The Speed Channel yeah!! (But when I ordered the Outdoor Life Network to see Laughlin, I get the Outdoor Channel --- which is not the same.)

Now if there was only a way to get all the great Canadian Coverage I'd be in Rally TV heaven.

Mike

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

By the way the other night I noticed that OLN was going to broadcast Ramada right after the Louis Vuitton Cup, after an hour of anticipation I was sadly surprised to see that all they broadcasted was the rerun of a track event. Even during the track program the guide was saying that they were showing auto racing. So God knows what we are missing by going based on their program listings.

I have Cox cable and a couple of satellite setups on my roof, even thouh I am not able to get Eurosport I am able to get Euronews and my favorite weekly motorsports program (not because it is 90 % rally based)Olipsmotorspor on NTV. Dubai Sports Network also has an incredibly long rally program, sometimes it is in English or subtitled in english and other times it's not but it's better than nothing I guess. If you are interrested I have all sat locations, frequencies and such, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Cox is not very expensive in Phoenix especially if you use their phone+internet+cable tv combination so I use the whole package.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
374 Posts

Why not run the cable thru the box then into the vcr then to the TV? then you just put the VCR on channel 4 or thru the AV inputs. This is how I have mine. My Satellite, DVD, stereo all go thru the VCR then into the TV. You don't copy the channel that you are watching on the VCR, you watch the Cable box thru the VCR.
Philip J. Boer
[email protected]

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
FYI only re: Additional choice

>I just added a choice that covers this.

Cool. If you feel the need to implement a tiny grammatical correction, you could drop the "at" from the third choice, e.g., "No, I don't have or can't get cable or satellite TV where I am."

I suspect there's a line of English majors ready to point out my own errors.... I guess that's one way to improve my writing! }>

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
374 Posts

What channel does your VCR stop at? You should still be able to copy on channel 4 on your VCR with the TV as the main tuner. How old is your VCR? You can buy excellent 4 head HIFI stereo VCR for under $100 that have channels up to 500.
Philip J. Boer
[email protected]

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
RE: FYI only re: Additional choice

I had to get Direct TV to get "Speed" since Comcast won't provide it in the Philadelphia center city area. I kept asking about Speed and they kept telling me to get digital cable even though it didn't have Speed! So now I have Direct TV for Speed, and Comcast for cable modem internet access... but I get to camp out in front of the TV every WRC weekend! :D

Alex

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Slight change of subject. Where are all the votes?

I see the topic's been view 279 times yet there's 35 votes. So why don't people vote on something as simple as this (if they're going to take the time to view the topic)? Even factoring in multiple views by the same person (don't know for sure how that would count views), it still doesn't make sense. "Inquiring minds want to know."

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
RE: Slight change of subject. Where are all the votes?

OK, I just tried to vote. It told me I had already voted even though I hadn't. Maybe there's a glitch in the system. Or maybe it's just one more huge conspiracy against Promote Le Ralliat. :7

Kent Gardam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts